Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Christ the Lord is Risen Today, Alleluia!

I think one of my favourite services of the year at my church is the Easter Service. We sing so many great hymns and I love them all. This year we sang seven hymns on Sunday! Yay! I was so happy to be back at Waterloo North this year after five years of celebrating Easter in Edmonton. We never found a church there to connect with and I was just so joyful to be back at my church home this past Sunday.

We ended with the hymn "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" and it was just a joyful note on which to end the service. (Words can be found here.) According to my book ("Then Sings My Soul" by Robert J. Morgan), this hymn was written by Charles Wesley. It was originally titled "Hymn for Easter Day" and had eleven verses. Can you imagine? Interestingly, the "Alleluia's" were added later but I'm so glad they were because I can't imagine this wondrous song without them. What Easter songs did you sing on Sunday? And, like me, don't you wish we could sing them more than once a year?

Chris the Lord is risen today, Alleluia!

2 comments:

  1. I love that song too. It's beautiful in Spanish as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh -- I can only imagine. We sing Spanish songs once in awhile from our hymnal and I love them.

      Delete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)