Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Last night was a very very very long night...

Yesterday was the funeral for my Great-Aunt Tina so most of the day was spent in the car having good conversations and driving to and from Drake. I got to see some second-cousins I hadn't seen in years and just got to see Drake again, which is always a trip down memory lane. Grandma and Grandpa's house seems A LOT smaller than it used to!

I spent the whole funeral up in the nursery with Sam which turned out to be okay because he just played and I could hear the whole service. One thing is that the grandchildren (all 12 of them) stood up together and said what they remembered about their grandma. It was neat to hear the different memories they all had.

When we got home we were wiped so we had rented some movies and watched "Guess Who?" with Ashton Kutcher and Bernie Mac. It was pretty funny. The main result of the movie is that Sam didn't get to bed until 10:30 and he also got to eat all the pepper-flavoured chips he wanted to. He had his arm in the bag up to his elbow!

He went to bed just fine but sadly woke up at about 1 coughing and coughing and coughing. He didn't want water, he drank a little milk, and then he coughed and cried and tried to sleep but couldn't. Poor guy! I felt bad for him because he sooooo badly wanted to be asleep. Mom came down and rocked him while I tried to incline his bed (a playpen without a solid bottom so that was a little difficult) and eventually around 3:30 he got back to sleep.

Thankfully both Mom and I could sleep in/rest in bed this morning because Dad woke up with Sam. However, I think it will be naptime for all of us soon. Also thankfully, none of us have anything that we HAVE to do today. Yay for vacations/being retired!

1 comment:

  1. Hi--just came across you site--uhg--what a day you had!--more fun days ahead for you I hope

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)