Sunday, February 13, 2011

Just a quiet Sunday

Today was a quiet day. Mom made bread and Sam helped "goop" and "dump" the flour. Dad took a video so hopefully Dave can help me post it in a couple of days. Sam had an early nap and, for once, wanted Opa to rock him! He went down early and woke up early (sleeping for less than two hours). We watched A Cinderella Story with Hilary Duff and it was okay. We needed to watch something tame for Sam. The best part was when he wanted to rock on the chair which was Mom's when she was little and he was singing "We will rock you, we will rock you" over and over again! It was quite funny :)

Tonight we looked at a whole bunch of pictures on the computer -- Sam was tired and needed distraction. It was interesting to look at pictures from just five years ago when Dave and Sam weren't part of the picture yet, let alone Knut! Also there was no Neal, Olivia or Baby Theo. (We had spent a few Christmases in a row with the Sawatskys in Waterloo, which is why these missing people were particularly noticeable.)

Anyways, I'm continuing to read "The Queen's Fool" by Philippa Gregory, a new author Mom just introduced me to this past week. I can highly recommend her Tudor series and am looking forward to getting the other books out of the library.

And now, I'm headed off to bed. Dave's plane should be landing in about ten minutes, home from Los Angeles via San Francisco. He might even write a blog post about what he's been up to, one of these days! If I can convince him to do so... We'll see. I wouldn't hold your breath for it :)

And tomorrow is our last full day in Saskatchewan, my last day of (semi) sleeping in (I've been trying to wake up a little earlier the past few days so I don't get too used to this!) and the last day of hanging out, doing not a whole heck of a lot. I am looking forward to seeing Dave again and Sam has been a little more on edge the past few days -- I think he might be missing his daddy.

Until next time, good night to whomever happens to be reading this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)