So I mentioned in my first post about our summer that my summer break this year is basically divided into three parts. You can read that post here. Part Two was our vacation to Saskatchewan. As Rachel flew out earlier than the rest of us, and Sam and I flew back later than Dave and Rachel, some part of our family was in Saskatchewan for over three weeks! I've written about a few our adventures in these posts here and here, but I wanted to write about a few other things which happened.
Saskatoon has an amazing art museum, the Remai Modern, and I've been wanting to visit it for a few years now. So we made it happen this trip. There were a few galleries with different exhibits including one of "found objects art" and an Indigenous woman who creates impressionist art with First Nations' themes. I loved that exhibit. She created art with paint and beads and it was so intricate. The Remai Modern also has the most comprehensive collection of Picasso's linocuts so those were very interesting to see too.
Another thing we did that I'd been wanting to do for a bit is touring a distillery near my parents' house. We had an extensive behind-the-scenes tour and got to see not only the distillery, but also the flower gardens and orchards.
The massive gladiola field is behind us with canola behind that. I love this view!!!
Haha, Zachary has a doctor's appointment today actually!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great trip! I always love following along and seeing what kinds of cocktails you and your dad create :)
ReplyDelete