Friday, August 28, 2026

Savouring August (Friday Favourite Moments)

So as you know I've been trying to "savour August" as opposed to wishing it away or rushing through it to get to September. I have to be honest with you -- since going back to work on Monday, I've been way too tired to savour August. I thought I had found some low key ways to still be intentional about August but it turns out that anything that required any sort of energy whatsoever after 6pm was a no go for me this week. So I'm going to write about the few things I have done to enjoy August this week but it hasn't been every day.

1) Picking flowers and apples with a friend

Rachel, our friend, E, and I went to a farm where we could walk through the sunflower field, pick a bouquet of flowers, and pick apples. It was so much fun!!! And the flowers having been giving me a boost of joy while I've been so tired this week.

 

 

2) Food trucks and disc golf

On Friday night, Dave, Rachel, and I went to small town near us. We enjoyed a food trucks supper and then we laughed our way through a round of disc golf.

 

3) Muffin baking

On Saturday Rachel and I baked a ton of muffins (four different kinds) and I made some applesauce. It was a rainy day and we just enjoyed a few hours of being productive in the kitchen.

 

4) Brunch with goats

A farm near us does something called "bubbles 'n brunch" and after you get to visit with their goats. We went to check it out with Dave's parents. I had the mimosa flight and it was so good! And afterwards, it turns out I was the goat whisperer. They loved me!


5) Summer puzzle
 
On Sunday evening Rachel and I started a summery puzzle. And we finished it on Monday evening, after our long day of work meetings (for me) and volunteering at dance camp (for Rachel).

So that's what my week of trying to enjoy August has looked like -- a few big events, some smaller happenings, and recognizing that sometimes sleep takes priority! We have some fun plans for this weekend which will help us enjoy these last few days of summer break and I'm really looking forward to them! Happy Friday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful and fun month to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great week of things to savor... but I am right there with you on not having any energy after 6 or so. Funny enough one of the ladies at my gym was just talking about a mimosa flight this week and while I do not usually drink alcohol at all I thought that sounded so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)