Monday, August 24, 2026

10 On The 10th: August 2026

Well friends, as of today, my summer break is over :( I have a full day meeting today and then the rest of this week, I will be at the school -- sorting, organizing, catching up on emails, and generally getting ready for school to start. In a month, I will be back into routine, but as of today, I'm just dreading it. Blah.

At the same time, I know so many of you don't get a long summer break from your jobs and I am so thankful for mine -- time to rest and recharge, time to get stuff down around the house, time to spend with my family, and time to have a lot of fun. So I go back to work today with mixed emotions.

Today, on the blog, I am looking back at a couple of weeks ago, how I spent my day on August 10th. I've been doing "10 on the 10th" posts for awhile and I take ten pictures of the 10th day of the month (and sometimes the 11th day of the month or the "weekend of the 10th" of the month but I digress...!).

This day started with coffee-hot chocolate on the deck with Dave. This is always one of my favourite parts of the day.
I love having ivy on our house; however in August it drops all its seeds. So I swept up four shovelfuls of ivy seeds. I have to do this about two or three times over the course of a couple of weeks and then its done.
I don't know if I've mentioned this on the blog or not but in July 2024, we lost our doctor when they closed the local office. We were without a doctor until this past February. We finally have a doctor again and both Dave and I have had minor health issues checked out this summer. So I was at the doctor's office. Yay?!?
After my appointment, I weeded some of the day lily bed and then ate some leftover salad on the deck.
My July project was unpacking boxes in Dave's office and my August project was deep cleaning the laundry room as it was still covered in renovation dust. This was an intensive project which involved going through things, wiping absolutely everything down, and reorganizing. I spent about an hour starting this project this day and made some progress.
This was one week when both kids were around so I gave them things to do each day. Sam assembled an IKEA shelf for our guest room while Rachel made lasagne from scratch for supper. I LOVE having helpful, older, kids! 
After supper all four of us walked up town and volunteered with a local venture for a bit. Then we stopped at Starbucks for a treat for the walk home. The local chamber orchestra was performing an outdoor concert in our square so we listened in for a bit.
I took a picture of Rachel taking a picture of me on the path! Hahaha!!!
 
And that was my August 10th -- getting things done and enjoying a slower pace of life. It was a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)