It's the first Wednesday of the month so it's time for "Currently" hosted by Amy at Coffee and Cocktails at the Casa You can find Amy here. So let's get to it!
[savouring]
As I'm writing this post, I'm "savouring" a raspberry milkshake made by my dad. It's really good and I will miss my (almost) nightly milkshakes when we go home. We've had strawberry ones, sour cherry ones, and raspberry ones. I really can't pick a favourite flavour.
I'm also "savouring" every happy hour. Every afternoon, my dad mixes drinks and we've had so much fun making new ones this time. Below is a raspberry gin, basil martini. YUM!!!
[wrapping up]
While Dave and Rachel flew home a few days ago, Sam and I extended our Saskatchewan vacation so we're "wrapping up" our last few Saskatchewan days in the next little bit. It's been such an excellent, relaxing trip, and I'm sad it's coming to an end :(
Sweet peas growing off my parents' deck. I'm already scheming about where I can plant a "cutting garden" for our yard as I'm also envying her zinnias!!!
[preparing]
Well yesterday, Mom and I picked about a gallon of raspberries, and froze them. We're "preparing" for winter milkshakes when we just can't go and pick the fresh fruit off the bush!
[remembering]
Every day this year I've been going through my photos from that day from previous years. These past few days, I've been "remembering" our vacation here in August 2020. That was when Mom and I invented our first drink (the St. Petersburg Burro, which was the feature drink at my 50th birthday party!).
We also picked raspberries that trip (although they were yellow) and had wiener roasts out back. We've had some wiener roasts this trip but haven't found any yellow raspberries.So we're still enjoying our summer but we're recognizing it's not going to last forever, which makes me a little sad. Dang. How's your August started off?



I hope you have a great rest of your trip!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful trip and time well spent! Wishing you safe travels home XO
ReplyDeleteThe sweet peas are so beautiful. Looks like you've just had the best trip!
ReplyDeleteZinnias and sunflowers are both so easy to grow, and you get so much bang for your buck! I highly recommend growing some next summer!
ReplyDeleteA raspberry basil martini sounds so good!
ReplyDelete