Thursday, October 08, 2020

Currently... October 2020

A few bloggers I follow linked up with the "Currently..." prompts yesterday. Although I'm not joining the link up, I thought I would share my answers to the prompts.

[admiring]

Honestly, the fall colours are amazing right now so every time I'm outside, I have to stop myself from taking a million pictures.

 
[going]

Absolutely nowhere. I've been fighting some minor ailments which means I can't go to work. It's been pretty frustrating. I've barely gone outside for a week now, although I was able to go to work on Tuesday so that was nice.

In a less literal "going" sense, Sam and I have been going through his room, specifically getting rid of all the clothes he's outgrown/refuses to wear.


The fact that you can see his footstool is a "win."

[making]

With all this enforced time at home, I've been working on making our Disney Cruise book from this past January. It's been bittersweet to remember when we could travel and when we could see my parents.

[scheduling]

Well, yesterday I scheduled my second Covid test within one week so there's that. My first one was negative so here's hoping the second one is too. I want to be scheduling our fall family photos but I have to get healthy first.

from our family photos last "fall"

[wishing]

That Covid didn't exist and life would be "normal" again. I miss normal. I miss not being stressed every time I felt slightly under the weather. I miss being with my friends. I miss going to church. I wish there was a guarantee that we will get back to those things at some point soon.

Oh, I'm also wishing that Blogger hadn't changed their formatting because I find the default spacing in the new Blogger really irritating. I sometimes try to change it in the html formatting but, ugh, Blogger, just bring back single spacing, okay?!?!

12 comments:

  1. I love that last family picture! :)
    I hope you get to feeling better.
    The blogger changes are frustrating. I don't like it when systems go more towards symbols instead of words. It is sort of frightening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate on so many points - I also have to stop taking photos of the outside, they never really show the beauty anyway. I am with you on feeling nervous every time someone gets a sniffle. I hope you're feeling better soon. And also not a fan of the new Blogger, still having a few issues with uploading photos the way I want to. Hopefully they can iron out the bugs. Hope you have a good day today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish there was a way to capture the fall beauty. It doesn't stop me from trying every year, but I NEVER succeed at it :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, dear. I am sorry you are under the weather. So true that with the first sneeze we start worrying these days. I have an infected tooth that is keeping me from 100%. Hate to part with money for the dentist but need to go.
    Hope you are soon able to schedule those family photos. Love last years. Look how the babies have changed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worrying about how sick I was going to get, and knowing I wouldn't be able to go to work, kept me awake a bit which definitely didn't help with the cold. It's not a good cycle.

      I hope your tooth gets fixed easily. Giving up going to the dentist has been an easy (but probably not healthy!) choice during Covid.

      Delete
  4. Oh no, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well! I hope it all clears up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. feel better!! Sam's room is so colorful.
    I am not minding the new format, except when it's time to insert the html for the link ups - then it gets annoying!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feeling bad sucks! Moms don't have time to feel bad. I hope you feel like your self again really soon! Also, 100% yes on the spacing with the new Blogger format.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you havent been feeling well :( I know as cold & flu season comes, its going to be so stressful with worries of COVID.
    ... TIP - if you need to SINGLE space, hold down the SHIFT button while you hit Enter & it will single space. I've gotten in such a habit of it - I do it on my work emails - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you feel better soon!!! I'm so sorry! Today is my first day with the new blogger format and I'm over it already. Can I have the old one back please???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOL'ed at your last paragraph because I hate the new blogger. It defaults it to "paragraph" formatting with the weird spacing but "normal" formatting is the single space one that I use. So annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh and PS: I'm sorry you are dealing with ailments! Health concerns during COVID are the worst.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)