Monday, March 02, 2020

Disney Cruise: I Love Me Some Vitamin Sea

I am finally writing our last cruise recap. As with everything else in February, I am just slightly behind. I worked more last week than I have in any one week since I last had a full-time job in June 2016. That gives you an idea of how insane it was :) Anyways, on with the recap...

Our last day of the cruise was another "at sea" day, also known as "do everything on the ship we hadn't yet done!" We started our morning with a character breakfast, complete with hilarious napkin hats!
First up, we met Goofy and Pluto. For some reason I can't remember, my parents found Goofy hilarious!
We also met Minnie and Mickey, even though I didn't pick any pictures of Minnie for this post for some reason?!?
After the breakfast, I took a few pictures of our stateroom door covered with magnets. These are all magnets we received during our cruise. I love them!!!
Just before noon, Rachel had her princess meet and greet. Again, I loved how much time each princess spent talking to Rachel and making her feel special.
Tiana was our favourite!
Maybe it was because she danced with Rachel!
I thought the hug between Rachel and Belle was so sweet.
 
Ariel was the main "princess of the ship" -- the statue in the atrium was Ariel and the fancier restaurant was Triton's.
This isn't the greatest picture but I had to crop out the other kids. This is Sam, in Edge, playing his favourite video game -- a Star Wars challenge. This is how he spent about 75% of his on-board, awake time. Ha!!!
We enjoyed a lighter lunch of pizza this day. I'm always up for pizza with a sea view! Yes!!!

I wrote previously about the Diaper Dash. I laughed so hard, I almost peed myself! It was very exciting because a baby from our cruise Facebook group was in the "race." He won his first heat but came in second overall. It was super fun cheering for him though!

After the Diaper Dash, Dave and I headed off to a towel folding class. It was a lot of fun! I need to practice so that if we have any guests, they will enjoy a swan or a monkey :)

I don't know why I waited until the last day for a Mickey-cinno. It was so good!!!
On the last day, all the kids in Club or Lab (ages 5-11), put on a show called "Friendship Rocks." They dance on the big stage, get matching t-shirts, and then Mickey and Minnie come out. There was also a slide show of what your kids experienced in the kids' spaces. You can see Rachel on the left, in the front in the top picture.
Enjoying one last sea view...
...one last dance in the atrium...
...and one last sunset before dinner.
After dinner, but before the last show, I took Sam and Rachel up to the pool deck so they could make an ice cream sundae with some of the toppings they'd received as Fish Extenders.
The next morning was hard. We had to get up early, eat breakfast early, and leave the ship. Both Sam and Rachel cried because they wanted to stay longer. These pictures of them with our amazing servers, Sam and Heny, are the only times I saw them smiling that morning.
We had such a great time on our cruise and CANNOT wait until our next one. If there was any doubt before this one, we now know we are definitely cruise people.

3 comments:

  1. Cruising is the best! Looks like y'all had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We maybe went on the same ship - I remember Triton's! My kids beg me all the time to go back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)