Sunday, July 20, 2014

Project 364: Days 193 Through 199

July 13, 2014 -- My blog friend, Kelly, reminded me of the book Owls In The Family by Farley Mowat. It is about a boy growing up in Saskatoon (where I grew up) in the 1940s or so, and the two owls he adopts. Sam really enjoyed having me read this out loud to him.
July 14, 2014 -- Rachel and Sam were horsing around outside and it ended up with Rachel falling into the side of the house. I present to you the biggest goose egg either of our kids has ever had. By the way, our kids ABSOLUTELY hate ice so Rachel's screams during the ice application were way worse than the ones produced by her getting hurt in the first place.
July 15, 2014 -- It's the first CSA flowers of the season!!! I love me some zinnias!
July 16, 2014 -- We had a play date today and I caught this photo of the kids and their friend enjoying some tea!
July 17, 2014 -- We've done a lot a Pinterest projects this summer and this pin for erupting sidewalk chalk provided literally hours of entertainment this afternoon. Three hours to be exact!
July 18, 2014 -- We got an impromptu supper invite today. These grilled skewers were AMAZING! And so was the visit with our friends.
July 19, 2014 -- We went to Donny and Marika's to celebrate Donny's birthday. Sam and Donny played chess. I didn't know Sam knew how to play but I guess one of his school friends taught him. Surprises abound!

4 comments:

  1. When I saw that book review by Kelly, I immediately thought "I bet Natasha would love that. She probably already knows about the book or has read it!" Haha! Yep, Brody has received most of our first major injuries at our house too. Amazing what having more than one child can accomplish. Not quite sure how Sam felt about having tea with the girls in that picture. Haha! That sidewalk chalk does seem interesting. And way to go Sam on playing chess...I can never remember which way all the pieces can move. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to check your pin for the sidewalk chalk. It looks really fun! The zinnias are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be needing that sidewalk chalk!!! (if the rain will ever go away!!!) Those skewers look delicious...I will be adding that to dinner plans for next week....there's 2 reasons I am glad I read tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still so glad I picked up that book. Also, hope Rachel feels better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)