Thursday, April 25, 2024

Monthly Musings: All Things Spring

I'm a lot late today because we've had a crazy week but I'm linking up with Holly at Pink Lady and Patty at Good, Better, Best for their "Monthly Musings." This month is all about spring and I just LOVE spring!!!


1) Favourite thing about Spring?
I love all the spring flowers and being outside all the time. I love having the windows open and getting fresh air. And I really love hanging laundry on the line!!!

2) What are your spring traditions?
 We often get ice cream on the spring time change day to celebrate there being a little more light in the day. I love planting pansies in my window boxes. And I love having the first BBQ of the season with sausage and potato salad with chives. YUM!!! 

And whenever possible, we try to watch The Jays play on Opening Day. This year we couldn't because it was on Maundy Thursday so we had other stuff going on, but baseball being back makes me sooooo happy! We also always try to get to a Jays game as early as we can.
 
3) Favourite spring outfits?
I tend to wear a lot of my Blue Jays' shirts and bunnyhugs in the spring. After all the Jays are playing, and I'm so happy baseball is back!!!
 
 
4) Favourite springtime meal?
The first BBQ of the season is absolutely one of my favourite meals. I love potato salad, I love BBQ sausage, and I love eating outside -- when we can. 
 
5) Spring rain... love or loathe?
 If it's a nice spring rain and I can stay inside, I love it. When it's a cold spring rain and I have to leave the house to work or run errands, I loathe it.
 
6) Favourite spring flower?
 Well, after raving about my tulips all winter, you'd think those would be my favourite spring flower but nope, it's pulmonaria (or lung wort). They're teeny tiny and I love them. I have a few patches of them in our yard and they make me so happy!
 
Pulmonaria blooming in our backyard a couple of years ago. I had to lie down to get this photo.

7) Do you get seasonal allergies? Best remedies please?
Yes I get allergies and I am fairly new to having them. I will be reading every single one of these posts looking for remedies. My only hint is to take the 24 hour meds every 12 hours. My co-worker gave me this tip last spring and it made them a little more bearable.
 
8) Favourite springtime beverage?
I'm really loving Coke with ice and lime juice. I have some every day after work and it's the best!
 
9) Do you change your home decor for spring?
 Not really. I change out our door wreath, and our back door outside mat, but that's about it. I like a fresh, clean, minimal look for spring.
 
10) Lemon meringue pie or strawberry shortcake?
I don't really love either but the idea of "strawberry shortcake" reminds me of the cake that Dave's mom always makes for Passover -- it's kind of like angel food cake, but it's kosher for Passover and made with potato flour and we always eat it with sliced strawberries. That is absolutely a spring dessert to me.

So that's all about spring from my point of view. When the weather is good, you'll find me outside with a drink in my hand or playing in the dirt, likely planting flowers! Happy Spring!!!

5 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty flower and one I'm not sure I've ever really seen (at least not in that pretty color)! We definitely start eating more ice cream in spring too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you are new to allergies- mine have gotten better as I have aged. It´s odd that different people react differently time wise to allergies. I hope you find some good tips! Your flower pics are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allergies!! Okay it's pricy but you NEED to get https://www.flonase.com/products/flonase-allergy-relief/

    It's over the counter. I have also had a similar product with a different name prescribed by my doctor before which is nice because then it's covered by benefits if you have them. I always start taking this early June. 2 sprays in each nostril every morning, and 1 allergy pill every morning and I'll be 10000% fine within 2 days. Otherwise my allergies are terrible! HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought my cold might have been allergies and I took allergy meds, which made me sleepy all day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are always so beautiful and you know I think of you when I admire tulips :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)