Wednesday, April 03, 2024

Currently: April 2024

As always on the first Wednesday of the month, I'm linking up with Jennifer at Overflowing With Thankfulness for "Currently." You can find Jennifer here. We just returned from spending Easter weekend with our best friends in Virginia so this post is full of that, as well as eagerness to do some settling in at home :)

[loving]

I am "loving" that we had such a GREAT Easter weekend in Virginia with our besties! We celebrated Sam's birthday, we played disc golf, we went for a hike, we shopped at Target and a big book fair, and we had so much fun! I'm thankful for such a fun weekend!!!

Willem is playing disc golf on a college scholarship and was so gracious to introduce us to the game. He's currently playing at Nationals so we're excited to cheer him on -- from afar!
This was a really fun hike on Easter Sunday afternoon before we all went our separate ways.

I am also "loving" that we have no plans to go anywhere for a few months! Hahaha!!! I'm ready for some weekends at home.

We stopped at Panera Bread and bought a bunch of cinnamon crunch bagels so we're all "loving" that.

[looking forward to]

I'm "looking forward to" getting out and getting some yard work done! I'm excited to have some time, and (hopefully) good weather, over the next few weekends to get some spring clean up done.

I'm also "looking forward to" my first visit to my favourite local greenhouse. I was putting it off until after Easter but I think I might be able to get there this weekend! Whooo hooo!!!

I'm also "looking forward to" watching my first baseball game of the regular season on TV. We were too busy over Easter to watch and now the games are too late. But Saturday night will find me watching my Jays!

[buying]

Well, I am "buying" a starter pack of disc golf frisbees! We had so much fun playing with Willem in Virginia that Dave and I are determined to improve and play on some courses here. This should be a fun adventure this spring! Hahaha!!!

 

We all used Willem's discs this past weekend.

[planting]

As soon as it stops snowing (UGH!!!), I will be "planting" pansies, and probably, ranunculus! I can't wait!!! Even if I will have to cover them to protect them from frost and snow still.

[cleaning]

We need to be "cleaning" our car, after a weekend road trip, and going way too long without cleaning it. After I get the yard work done, the next nice day is going to be dedicated to car cleaning. It's way overdue.

So that is what's up with us "Currently." I'm getting anxious/excited to dive into all things spring and our yard. I just need a few more days of patience. Wish me luck!!!

11 comments:

  1. My poor yard and car both need a good cleaning and freshening up too; it's so hard to do much of anything outdoors this time of year though. Hopefully soon--though we do have possible snow in the forecast for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend you had with your best friends! I know what you mean about the car needing to be cleaned; mine needs a good bath as well. Maybe I can squeeze that in over the next day or two. Our oldest son loves playing disc golf! While I've never played, he loves it and meeting up with friends to find new courses. His recent new thing is pickle ball! He bought himself a paddle and some more equipment recently. I'm so glad you linked up with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to plant either- usually around Memorial Day but need to get some pretty flowers in our planters earlier this year but yet we need spring stat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simon was into disc golf for a little while!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The latest we ever get snow in the south is March. We do have some cold nights in April though. Sounds like a fun Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our weather is so cold and icky too! I am so anxious to get out and plant some flowers but the weather is not cooperating. Lol. Hopefully soon!

    And cinnamon crunch bagels from Panera are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post! I'll have to look up disc golf, I've never heard of it. Cinnamon Crunch bagels from Panera are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pansies are so cute & fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're back to 40 degree temps today. Everyone is starting to get sick because of the drastic weather changes. Blah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun trip...all the way to Virginia! My neck of the woods:) Glad you had such a good time. And learned to play disc golf. I've never tried it but it looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's hoping our Blue Jays have a great season! I always plan to pay attention to their games and the standings during the season, but I'm pretty hit and miss with it. How fun that you're taking up disc golf! My kids have played from time to time, and it seems like a lot of fun. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)