Friday, February 12, 2021

10 On The 10th: February 2021

My first ever "10 on the 10th" in this format was one year ago in February 2020. You can read that post here if you're interested to see what we were up to that day. This year's day looked somewhat the same (see tulips and laundry) and somewhat different (see living through a global pandemic).

I was excited to see it getting light before 7am!!! I am so much happier when the days get longer.

Working in the schools means eating cold lunches. (I know I've talked about this before.) Lately I've been eating Havarti cheese and Dijon mustard sandwiches, berries, cherry yogurt, and water. And yes, I have to wear a mask and goggles when I'm outside of my office (or when anyone is near me in my office.)

After work I did a workout video and stopped in the middle to take a picture. I did a four mile walk this day. I workout in our basement and this is my swanky setup. Hahaha!!!

It's been the longest week so after a supper of leftovers, I wanted some cranberry tea...

...and some Applesauce Jumbles.
 
This is a spoiler alert for my February goals but I decided to be productive and iron the Perler bead creations. They'd honestly been sitting, waiting to be ironed since October? November? Earlier?

Here is my latest "forest" of tulips! That's forty tulips in various stages of happiness :)

I took a closeup of this particular tulip because it's growing back in on itself. I don't know why the stem is doing this but it's kind of interesting...

Also, a spoiler alert for my February goals, I folded and put away this load of laundry. Laundry never ends...

I have a lot of books to read right now. I really want a week off just to read! And yes, I just finished a readathon where I read nine books and yes, I did pick up another five books yesterday from the library. What can I say? The blog label "Addicted to books" is pretty accurate :)
 
And that was February 10, 2021. Tell me something about your 10th this month...

12 comments:

  1. I forgot all about those applesauce jumble cookies! I am loving that extra tiny bit of light I am noticing in the morning and evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We ate a whole batch in five days. I need to make more this weekend!

      Delete
  2. I may be addicted to books too! I used to be so awful at ironing those beads when my kids played with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those beads!!!! I used to LOVE THOSE!! I didn't know they were still around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to pick up any tulips, it's on my list for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get some! They will help with these dreary February days!

      Delete
  5. We're finally getting light earlier too! The bead creations is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 3 books checked out on my phone and 1 book from the library and just got a notice of another one being ready. And that's not counting books I've picked up other places!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ALL THOSE BOOKS!!!! I love it.
    Congrats on the 4 mile walk - I want to get some miles back under my feet again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. On the 10th my husband went to the work building. The kids and I were happy to goof off and have the house to ourselves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your forest of tulips inspires me! I seriously almost went to get some flowers last week and then remembered it was valentine's weekend and decided to wait. I may go out this afternoon and get some. Some hot tea sounds great today too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your quirky tulip. I saw a meme somewhere that staying home in COVID meant we got to watch our plants grow a lot and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)