Wednesday, January 29, 2020

What's Up Wednesday: January 2020

It's the first What's Up Wednesday of 2020. Whoooo hoooo!!!
image from here

What we're eating this week... All the comfort food -- tuna noodle casserole, curried affair, tacos. After eating so much fancy, incredibly good food on our cruise, it's been nice to get back to the basics! Also, I'm trying to up my fruit intake because while I enjoyed fruit at breakfast on the cruise, I didn't eat it at other meals. Apples, peaches, and pears -- oh my! Honestly though, as I've been writing this post, I've been eating a bowl of popcorn :)
 
What I'm reminiscing about... All the fun we had on our Disney cruise with my mom and dad last week. I am going to be blogging about it (you can read the first cruise post here), but we cruised on the Disney Wonder out of San Juan, Puerto Rico and visited Aruba, Antigua, Bonaire, and Curacao. I already want to go back!!!

What I'm loving... We participated in Fish Extenders on our cruise and got some really nice gifts.
All the magnets on our door were Fish Extender gifts. We also got a beach bag that I love and a fleece blanket which has "Disney Wonder" embroidered on it.

What we've been up to... Getting back to reality after a fun week and a half of vacation. I'm scheduled to work three days this week (with a potential fourth day) so around that I'm trying to do laundry and continue the unpacking process. Fun times! I might have told Dave last night that dirty laundry wasn't allowed to exist until I'd caught up on the six loads from vacation :) We'll see how that plan goes...

What I'm dreading... I found out the day we got back that the store where we've bought coffee for almost five years is closing at the end of May :( I'm so sad about this. It's a store where they sell fair trade products and I'm still in shock. If you've been reading around here for any amount of time, you'll know that I don't do change well so I'll have to buy enough coffee for at least six months to allow me to find a new store.

What I'm working on... Well, it looks like I need to start working on our Disney Cruise photo book. Yay! I love making photo books on Shutterfly as a way of documenting our memories. I'm also working on blog posts about all our cruise fun.

What I'm excited about... Only 24 more days until my beloved Blue Jays are playing again. Whooo hooo!!!
Take me out to the ball game
Take me out with the crowd...

What I'm watching/reading... Well mostly I've been watching the snow and wondering why it's not the ocean. Ha! (Can you tell I'm still in cruise mode?!) Other than that, it's been watching the piles of (thankfully clean) laundry grow, waiting for me to fold them. Or put them away, if they're folded.
Me reading on my e-reader on the adult deck 
while Sam and Rachel were at the kids' clubs.
 
I read quite a few books on my Kobo e-reader on our vacation and I quite liked it. I just got my first e-reader a few weeks ago so there are parts of it I'm still getting used to. I do like the flexibility of being able to get either a hard copy or e-copy of a book, depending on what is available first.

What I'm listening to... Silence! One thing I find about Disney cruises is that there is always noise -- music playing, big parties going on, people having fun. I'm really enjoying the quiet of our house -- even though it's not as much fun, there's not constant noise going on.

What I'm wearing... Socks. Boots. Mittens. Winter gear again :( I loved wearing shorts and t-shirts and swimsuits last week. And my summer hat which I'm still loving.
Me sitting on a beach in Aruba just seven short days ago. Sigh.

What I'm doing this weekend... I'll probably still be unpacking and folding laundry. Ha! It would be nice to have a low-key weekend and I think that's what we have up -- besides the usual church-synagogue-dance routine that always defines our weekends. Also, randomly last night, Sam offered to make lunch for all of us on Sunday so we'll see how that goes...!

What I'm looking forward to next month... I started a new job in December (you can read more about it here) and I was supposed to get trained to work in libraries about a week after I started. However, that training was cancelled, and I had to miss the re-scheduled date because of our cruise. I'm excited that I will finally get the library training in February so I can work at more locations. Yay!!!

What else is new... I think that's about it. We're just trying to catch up on sleep and get re-settled back into a (somewhat) regular routine around here. Wish us luck!

9 comments:

  1. Isn't vacation laundry the worst!? Glad you had so much fun, I had to check out the Fish Extender thing, sounds neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm STILL doing vacation laundry. Ugh. But yay for a Saturday when I could get lots of folding, and putting away, done.

      Delete
  2. I am the same way - I dont like change either. Hopefully you'll find your new coffee hole soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! A Disney cruise sounds quite magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was. This was our second one and we loved it!

      Delete
  4. How were the kids able to miss so much school?? Trent and Drew are at a charter school which doesn't get the same funding as a traditional public school, so attendance is EXTREMELY important there. I am so jealous that you can work in libraries!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did a Disney cruise a bunch of years ago! We did fish extenders too. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your swimsuit, would you mind sharing where you purchased it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got it at Aerie last spring. I think they have reasonable prices and I just loved the fact that it was a one piece but isn't as covering as a one piece -- if that makes sense :) I don't think they have the same one this year (I checked online for both the US and Canada) but they do have some other ones which I really like.

      Delete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)