Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Three Things Thursday (On A Tuesday)

One of the things I love about blogging is when I get fun ideas from other bloggers. This is a post I found through the What's Up Wednesday link up I participated in September. (I meant to publish this earlier but you know...life!) Thank you Morgan at Once Upon a Time... for the idea. You can find her original post here.

Songs that make me think of high school

Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
I totally remember dancing to this in the high school gym with my Grade 10 crush.
 
Don't Worry, Be Happy -- Bobby McFerrin
I hated this song but one of the girls in my class sang it ALL THE TIME. Ugh. (That's probably why I hated it.)

Kokomo -- The Beach Boys
I loved the movie Cocktail. And Tom Cruise. And... sigh.

Things I like to give

Flowers
 
Baked goods, especially buns

Recommendations of what to read - ha!

Things I like to receive

Flowers
Recommendations of what to read
Something that demonstrates one of my passions.
My friend Janice is especially good at finding things that are uniquely me. I love and adore all of her gifts, like the mug pictured above which says, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me" by C.S. Lewis.

Things I hate that many people like

Dogs -- sorry people
Make up (and really, any beauty product)
Texting. Ugh. Although I have a new phone now so maybe I'll get better at it???

Clothes I find uncomfortable
High heels -- shopping for shoes for our wedding was a nightmare.
Me wearing heels. You can read about the dressing up ordeal (as it were) here. It's at about the middle of the post. And I am getting used to a new phone and I can confirm, I still hate change and technology. Gah.
 
Sports bras
Socks, although I do wear them once winter hits.


Things I love seeing other people post

Book review posts -- I really need to post more of these.
Day In the Life/Currently posts
Posts that make me think about serious issues in a different way

So there are some "three things" about me that you may, or may not, have known.

5 comments:

  1. I also hate dogs and socks! Dogs are so messy and smelly. And socks are just terrible anytime, even in winter. I’d rather wear fur-lined boots than socks. Also I’ve never seen the movie Cocktail??? I don’t think I’ve even heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But if I posted a serious, thought-provoking blog about makeup...would the like/hate cancel out?? Hahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun, you know I'll have to steal it ha. You look so great in your dress and heels! I need to buy more flowers and brighten up the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hate dogs????????????? WHAT?????????????? LOL
    OK - so what year did you graduate - those songs remind me of high school too - I was class of 90

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT A FUN POST! Yes, I'm totally going to be borrowing this one. While I don't hate makeup, I had gotten out of the habit of putting it on every day when I worked at home. I always did mascara and eyeliner, but that was it. Now I have to do the whole face every day. WHEW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)