Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Disney Cruise Bucket List

We got back from our amazing Disney Cruise on Sunday night and I am still trying to organize my thoughts (and pictures! I took over 1,000 pictures and I don't know how many more Dave took. This trip was well documented!). To give you a small taste of what we did, today I am talking about the Ultimate Disney Cruise Bucket List which I found on Pinterest (and added to. Ha!). I've only included things that we actually did.

1) Kick off your cruise with the Sailing Away deck party.

I have fond memories of this from our first cruise. Sadly, this time the weather meant that the party moved indoors and we ended up watching from the 5th deck. It was not fun, Rachel started crying, and we left about ten minutes into it. Boo.

2) Do a scavenger hunt for hidden Mickeys on board.

While we didn't do this officially, it was pretty fun to find them when we could :)

3) Get fancy on formal night. 

4) Deck out your cabin door.
We participated in a magnet Fish Extender so we got 
some amazing magnets throughout the week.

5) Take the Art of the Theme show ship tour.
 
I convinced Dave to do this tour with me and he was glad I did. We learned about how the ship was designed, interesting facts about Disney, and various other nerdy things which I loved. This picture shows that the fifth floor (top one in this photo) is designed with lower ceilings and smaller portholes so that kids feel like it's their floor. This is where the kids clubs and the nursery are located.

6) Do Disney trivia with other shipmates.

We did this to 90s Music and I thought Dave would kick butt. However, someone scored 50/50. I really wish we would have known about the 80s Music night. I would have rocked it!!! Ha!

7) Get your drawing animated over dinner at Animator's Palate.
In the left picture the drawings are (from left to right) Dave's, Rachel's and Sam's. The last one is a stranger's. In the right picture the second last one is mine and the last one is my mom's.
 
You can see our names as animators in about the middle :)

8) Hang something special on your fish extender.

9) Take a class on towel art.
This was so much fun. If you come to our house, expect to see some fancy towels!

10) Dress up for one of the ship's themed days.

11) Watch the adorable Diaper Dash in the lobby atrium.
Watching this made Dave and I wish we had a nine month old. One baby sat at the start line and cried, one baby crawled into the audience, another baby kept taking sitting breaks. It was so hilarious!!!

12) Watch your favorite Disney movie at the ship's indoor theater.

Dave and I saw Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. It was amazing!

13) Get a souvenir on your port excursion.

You know I got myself a mug :) And we may have picked up a thing (or more!) for our travel wall.

14) Attend a themed event like Pirates in the Caribbean. Dance on board at a deck party.
  
Even Sam had fun! Ha!
 Rachel (bottom left) on the big screen.
She was up front the whole time with her new BFF, Sophia.

15) Take a photo with Mickey and Minnie in their cruise attire.

16) Make friends with a Disney cruise veteran.

Our Facebook group was so fun. We had a few meetups and we met some great people, some of whom were on their fifteenth (or more!) Disney cruise. 

17) Get a character's autograph.


18) Take time to talk to the captain or crew members.
Sam and Rachel with Captain Henry. 

19) Connect with cruise-goers on your Wave phone.

We used the Wave phone (Disney provided phone) more than ever. Including one night when I accidentally called my parents after midnight. Ooops :(

20) Sip on one of the themed drinks of the day.

Dave did this on Pirate night. I can't remember what he had, but it had rum in it and tasted pretty good :) 

21) Buy exclusive Disney Cruise paraphernalia at the souvenir shops.

I didn't actually buy anything specific from the shop this time but we did get a Disney Cruise Christmas ornament and Dave got a new cruise mug. (I may have turned him to the dark side of "mugs as souvenirs." Hahaha!!!

22) Marathon On Demand Disney movies in your cabin.

The kids watched "Lady and the Tramp" one afternoon while Dave and I had naps, so I'm counting this one as achieved :)

23) Say "see ya real soon" at the trip's closing performance.

Rachel wanted to go to this but unfortunately, it started at 10:15 on the last night and right before it started, she decided she was too tired and needed to go to bed. I agreed with her (wholeheartedly, I might add) and we missed it. I wish this party had happened a little earlier so we could have seen it.

24) Relax on the 18-and-over deck.

25) Enjoy a Mickey-cinno at Cove Café.
I hope this gives you a small taste of some of the fun we had. Trip recaps coming soon. As I write this post, Dave is working on getting his pictures ready to send to me so I have lots to go through. Plus you know, doing laundry, grocery shopping, remembering how to cook again, and possibly somewhere in there, working :)

*You can read about Day 1 here.

5 comments:

  1. So whats the door about? Do you put magnets out? Do you trade & Swap??? SO FUN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you really made the most of this cruise! The towel animal class is my favorite; absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved checking out he towel animals our cabin steward left for us on our honeymoon cruise (not a Disney line but it was still pretty fantastic).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the various towel animals. My parents' stateroom steward was more creative this cruise than ours was so we got to check theirs out too!

      Delete
  4. That all sounds really neat, it sounds like Disney puts a lot of thought into what they offer and how they run the ships and it produces an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)