Thursday, May 31, 2012

Just Random

I have some pictures I want to post from the past few weeks but they don't shape up into a nice blog post so I am just going to post them. And they are in no particular order. Enjoy!

Our neighbour, Marielle, brought us some fresh eggs from her chickens earlier this week. I LOVE our neighbourhood. People are so friendly. Last week, Sam, Rachel and I had a playdate with Charlotte and her daughters, Eve and Hazel, from two doors down. Charlotte just randomly invited us over and it was great!

Last week at soccer Rachel went on the swings. We think this might have been the first time Rachel has ever been on a swing. Yes, she's a deprived child!

Speaking of soccer, Sam did okay yesterday but wasn't as enthused as the previous week. He participated in some of the warm up and enjoyed scoring two goals, but didn't want to play in the game at all. He is getting good at stopping the ball and has a fairly powerful kick!

I meant to do an entire post about the MCC Relief Sale in New Hamburg but I was too busy talking to people and eating food to take many pictures. Besides how exciting is it to see a lot of food and people we visited with? Sam decided to eat his hat instead of food while playing in the kids' area and Rachel went to town on extra strawberries from strawberry pie.

Sam really likes hanging out in our upstairs hallway. Again, as in Edmonton, it's not really a hallway but there is a lot more space than we had previously!

Rachel and Sam are really enjoying playing together lately. They've had lots of time together this week as Rachel, Sam and I have all been fighting colds so we haven't really gone anywhere this week. It's been a rough week for me since I often joke I'm a "stay-at-home mom who doesn't like to stay at home!"

Elhana and Aaron babysat Sam and Rachel for us on Saturday when Dave and I went to a party. It was the first time we ever had to pay for babysitting for our kids. We've been pretty spoiled!

Rachel is going down for nap and night with just a bottle of milk. And when there's just one person home to deal with the kids, she can even hold it herself in her crib. She's growing up.

So there are the random pictures from all over that I wanted to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)