Thursday, May 02, 2024

Currently: May 2024

It has been quite the week around here. Phew. While technically today is my birthday, my May has gotten off to a rough start because I'm recovering from Covid. Blah. Thankfully, this has been a "light" case and I'm already feeling much better. Thank goodness. However, we decided to postpone my birthday and celebrate next week so look for Dave's annual birthday post coming then. Instead, today I'm linking up with Jennifer at Overflowing With Thankfulness for her "Currently" post. You can find Jennifer here.

[loving]

The first thing I'm "loving" is my art!!! A teacher at work is a part-time artist and, to celebrate getting a permanent Head Secretary position, I asked her if she could make me a piece of art in our school colours. She gave it to me last week and and I so happy with it!!! She paints the canvas and then sews it as well. The black is all thread.


On Saturday, when we had an unexpectedly free day, I was "loving" that we deep cleaned a few rooms in our house. It was nice to have time to get to some of the spaces that we have neglected for a little too long.

[looking forward to]

The other thing we did with our unexpectedly free Saturday is that Dave and I finally nailed down a bunch of details for our family summer trip and now I am really "looking forward to" going on it!!! We're going to see some friends, some family, do some of our favourite things, and explore some new places. I already know it's going to be great!!!

More imminently, I'm "looking forward to" a week of dance -- next week Rachel has dance rehearsals all week followed by her big spring performance. I'm "looking forward to" many nights of watching rehearsals at the theatre, followed by actually watching the performance itself. I don't know if I'm "looking forward to" the many hours of volunteering but it will probably be okay.

Rachel in her modern costume for the performance. More photos to come in a couple of weeks, I'm sure!

We went to our first Jays game of the season on Sunday and it was so much fun!!! I'm already "looking forward to" our next one, even though it won't be happening for awhile.

Being at a Jays game in person is really one of my favourite things!!!

[seeing]

I'm so excited to be "seeing" my lilies popping up!!! I planted them last fall and I was getting nervous when they didn't sprout with all the other flowers this spring. My mom told me to be patient because sometimes they take a year or two to establish. However, I was outside yesterday and look what I saw:

I'm also very excited to be "seeing" pansies in my window boxes!!! We've had window boxes on our house since we bought it and last spring I noticed they were falling apart. When my dad was here in the fall, he assigned himself the project of building me new ones! I love them so much and was so happy to plant the inaugural pansies in them last week.


In less exciting things, I'm also "seeing" many baskets of laundry to fold. That is often what I'm seeing around here.

[reading]

Last year I had my "spring performance book" which I read during all the dance rehearsals at the theatre, as well as during the down times when I was volunteering. I think this year I will be "reading" The Running Grave or The Frozen River. Have you read either of these books? Should I choose one over the other? I need something long to keep me entertained during hours at the theatre.

[wanting]

I'm "wanting" a weekend with no plans, and nice weather, to work on our yard -- it's needing some time and attention again. There's weeding to do, garden beds to edge, and the lawn needs mowing. I may get some time (and nice weather) this weekend so we shall see...

So that's what's up with us "currently" -- a little spring, a little sickness, and a lot of dance! Oh, and a little birthday thrown in there too, with more to come next week :)

7 comments:

  1. Wishing you a speedy recovery friend- never fun! You have some great things to look forward to- can't wait to read all about Rachel's show! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! I hope it's a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! I am so sorry to hear you are sick though. Our yard needs so much attention too... and I was seriously considering just neglecting it and not bothering at all this spring but we are having a party here next month and I just know I can't let our house look anything less than it's best so I better get to work. That personalized art work is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boo to getting covid...and over your birthday. Bummer. Glad you are feeling better. Happy belated wishes!! Love those pansies - one of my favorite flowers, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no!!! Sorry you got sick!!! The artwork is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am OBSESSED with Cormoran and Robin! Please tell me you loved this book - this is what I read RIGHT AFTER we read Cult-ish and a lot of it really hit home extra hard after what we learned in that book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)