Wednesday, September 20, 2023

10 On The 10th: September 2023

Welcome to "10 On The 10th" for September. This was a very full, heading into fall, Sunday.

On the previous day I bought my fall chrysanthemums and moved all my summer pots. I also put out our fall welcome mat. Yes, we have seasonal mats for the back door. Don't talk to Dave about that! Hahaha!!! It was still a nice enough day that I could hang out a load of laundry and enjoy my coffee-hot chocolate outside.
I'm not normally a breakfast person but I've been enjoying English muffins with marmalade on the weekends.
Our bulletin cover at church for our fall series is interesting!
Our church recognizes kids transitioning into Grade 1 by putting a new book in the church library in their name. This day we honoured the Grade 1 kids and Sam wanted to find his Grade 1 book. And then he read it.
Our fall schedule means that we may have to do some extra cooking on the weekends. Sam and Rachel helped me make soup for later in the week while Dave was grilling our supper for this night.
We had a delicious supper of salads, grilled veggies, and grilled sausage. YUM!!!
New schools, and new grades, means homework. Sam and Rachel were both working on math homework.
While they did homework, and Dave cleaned up after supper, I folded all the laundry I had washed over the weekend and listened to a podcast.
We ended the evening with a family croissant date walk. Remember how we did a bunch of these back in April?!?!? It was a fun way to end the weekend.

So with September, we're definitely back into the swing of things and trying to figure out our new routines. Hopefully by October, we'll be more used to them!

5 comments:

  1. Ok the croissant date walk? Yes please! Sounds like perfection to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your church bulletin! Now, if He called while I was on the phone with someone else, I wouldn't now what button to press!! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great things about this post! It really made me happy. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)