Friday, May 27, 2022

What's Up Wednesday (On A Friday): May 2022

You guys, for the first month since January 2019, I did not post a What's Up Wednesday post on time. Why, you ask? Well, if you follow me on Instagram, you will already know that three out of four of us have Covid this week. Ugh. And Dave and I have been hit especially hard. So welcome to a "We have Covid What's Up Wednesday" post.

And as always with this post, I'm linking up with Shay at Mix and Match Mama and Sheaffer at Sheaffer Told Me To.
image from here

What we're eating this week... Honestly, this week I haven't had any appetite. So I've been drinking lemonade or hot Earl Grey Tea with sugar, and eating grapes. Yes, my nutritional intake is amazing right now! Hahaha! Before we got Covid, we were hitting food trucks regularly which has been so fun. I've had poutine (fries, gravy, and cheese curds), fish and chips, and a lobster roll. Hmmmm... I'm not sure I was eating all that nutritiously before Covid hit either :)

What I'm reminiscing about... We went to a Jays game with our best friends last weekend and I'm reminiscing about other Jays' games we've been to with them over the years. It's been a lot of fun cheering on our favourite team with some of our favourite people.
game for Sam's 10th birthday, March 2019 * game in May 2016

What I'm loving... Lemonade! Hahaha! For some reason it's been very appealing this week :) And I'm loving all the laundry I've been able to hang outside lately. A full laundry line makes me very happy.

What we've been up to... Well, this past week we've been up to "not a heck of a lot." We're in survival mode over here. Thankfully, I think we're through the worst of it so now we've been working on some yard work while we get through our last days of quarantine.
Our front yard is in pretty good shape but we need to get to the back too.

Before we had to quarantine, however, we went to a Jays game with our best friends...

 
...and helped Janice pack up her mom to move.


Other than that, it's been work, school, and soccer around here.

What I'm dreading... Well, I'm no longer worried about getting Covid. Hahaha!!! I guess I'm dreading if the fourth member of our family gets Covid at an inconvenient time -- like right before our summer trip, for instance.
 
What I'm working on... Yard work. We have a reel mower and it doesn't mow over dandelions well. So the kids and I have been picking dandelions out in the yard. Yesterday, they set a goal of picking 1,000 dandelions each. They cleared the front yard and now we just have the back yard to do.
 


What I'm excited about... I'm excited about all the annuals I bought for my outdoor pots. Dave's parents gifted me a spending spree at our local greenhouse and I bought way too many plants, of course! I also scored a hanging basket of night sky petunias. Aren't they incredible?

What I'm watching/reading... I've been watching our Covid tests turn positive which is fun times. Or not. Other than that, I haven't been watching much of anything.

 
And my reading is still the same old, same old -- yep, I'm still working my way through the In Death series.

What I'm listening to... My family. How many more days until we get out of quarantine again?!?!?!
 
What I'm wearing... Pajamas! Because we've been sick, we've all been hanging out in pajamas this week. It feels like Winter Break but with a lot more coughing, runny noses, and fevers :) We did get free hats at the Blue Jays game this past weekend so I think I'll be wearing mine a lot this summer.

 
What I'm doing this weekend... Getting out of quarantine!!! Whoooo hooooo!!! I can't wait to leave our house/yard again :) I was supposed to go to a bridal shower on Saturday to celebrate a special bride but Saturday is my last day of quarantine so I'm disappointed to miss that. Boo.

What I'm looking forward to next month... We were supposed to host a belated 50th birthday party for me this weekend but we had to postpone it so I'm really looking forward to it happening in June. Some special guests are coming for it and I'm so excited!!! Also, Rachel turns 11, Dave and I celebrate fourteen years of marriage, and the kids will have their last day of school. There's a lot of excitement around here in June!

Amazon purchases... We rarely buy things off Amazon but Dave ordered this rowing machine for us. I haven't tried it out yet but I'm happy to have some indoor exercise equipment for days when the weather doesn't cooperate for being outside. Maybe today, if I have some energy, I'll try it out as we're expecting rain all day today. Yay?! (Also, I'm not fully convinced I've linked to the correct rowing machine, even though that's what Dave's account said we purchased because we did not pay that much for it. Maybe the price has really gone up???)

What else is new... I think that's about it. I know this post hasn't been that exciting but I didn't want to miss out on this fun way of documenting our month.

Happy weekend to you. I hope it's a good one.

8 comments:

  1. oh I'm so sorry Natasha- ugh! Hope you all feel better by the weekend so you can enjoy and maybe grab another lobster roll- hang in there! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Covid aside, how great is a free Jays hat?! Glad you're getting out of the house soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those petunias are gorgeous! Sorry to hear that you've been sick, but cheers to being on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear so many of you are sick but glad you're all on the mend! I've been eyeing a rowing machine myself and have one on my wishlist at Amazon; I figure it would be good to have when the weather is cooperating for outdoor exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers are gorgeous, can't wait to see them planted! I hate that 3/4 of y'all have Covid but kind of nice to knock it out at one time, ha?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're all on the mend. But, yay for Jay's game!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)