Sunday, May 15, 2022

I Spy 2022: Week 17 (Week 69)

I'm pretty far behind on blogging due to a few reasons.

1) My allergies have hit pretty hard and I've been exhausted.

2) Work has been busier and that's taken a lot of emotional energy. I love what I'm doing but it's just... a lot. I'm really hoping I'll get used to it soon.

3) Our life is busier when we're not in quarantine :) Rachel's had a dance performance, neighbourhood soccer has started up again, and there's been a lot going on with synagogue and church and extra meetings related to those two things.

4) I've never loved my "new" computer and lately it's gotten worse. (And yes, this computer is almost a year and a half old.) It's so slow that there are days I don't sit down at it because I can't stand how long it takes to start up and load web pages. What should take me a minute, takes about ten. My parents and Dave are buying me a new computer for my birthday so hopefully, eventually, this problem, at least, will be solved.

I want to try and catch up on some of my "regular" blog posts, and others, I am just letting go of. One of the ones I am letting go of is "One Sentence A Day." I realized in April that my sentences were all sounding the same, especially during the week. "I worked, I folded laundry, I was exhausted." And really, that just isn't all that interesting :) Maybe over the summer, I'll try to do that post again but, for the next few months, I'm letting it go.

And before, I get too much further, I want to say a huge "THANK YOU!!!" for all the love and birthday wishes a few weeks ago :) You guys are the best blog readers and thank you for helping to make me feel special on my birthday. And thank you to Dave for writing such a special birthday post :) If you haven't read it yet, you can check it out here.

For my first post back in awhile, I am posting my (very belated) "I Spy" post. This post was supposed to publish on April 30, and while I did take all of these pictures that week, I just didn't get this post written in time. As always, for "I Spy" I'm linking up with Lysha at A Camera and A Cookbook.

Let's Play iSpy 2022

{On Your Plate – quarterly}

This was the week of Rachel's dance performance dress rehearsals. Therefore, "on my plate" this day was a takeout salad. While the rest of my family ate chicken nuggets, fries, sushi, and Asian noodles, I tried to be a little healthier with this salad. It was delicious with roasted sweet potatoes, quinoa, corn, tomatoes, and avocados.

{Outside}

I was so happy to see so many daffodils (and other spring flowers) blooming "outside" this week. I smiled every single time I saw them :)

{Starts with 'T' }

Two new minted 50-year-olds "starts with 't'". And one of these people is our best friend, Tim! I was thrilled to be celebrating birthdays with Tim and Janice again!!!

 {Where You Are Now?}

Did I mention we spent a lot of time at dress rehearsals with Rachel this week?!?! I was thrilled to be able to watch her dance again and to see all the excitement surrounding the year end show. Unfortunately, we're not allowed to take pictures in the theatre so I had to take these in the main lobby to show "where are we now?".

{Choose Anything – monthly (same vantage point)}

 

In April our dining room was decked out to celebrate Passover (left) and Easter (right). It was a busy weekend :)

It feels so good to be back blogging again and I'll see you again soon.

6 comments:

  1. I've been debating about giving up my sentence a day post as well; I feel like it just reiterates everything I put in my Friday Favorites and What's Up Wednesday posts... Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Love your dining room table and those two-tone daffodils! I've been neglecting my blog lately as well - sharing little other than my weekly photos and five-minute writing challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allergies have been HORRIBLE this year. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Passover and Easter...well done!! Just getting back to a little blogging after some time away myself. Hope you have gotten the computer issues resolved that were hindering your blogging and are about to wrap up school for the year so maybe life will slow down a bit.

    That salad looks so good. I love chickpeas. Have them in salads when we eat out at places like Jason's Deli but never think to add them to salads here at home.

    Glad Rachel is dancing again. I look forward to seeing performance photographs soon.

    I want to get back to iSpy. Might wait until June. We'll see but just want to ease back into blogging and not allow it to stress me out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your pain about being behind on blogging. I'll be playing catch up the next few weeks. Nice shots this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)