Tuesday, September 01, 2020

One Sentence A Day: August 2020

As I have done for every month thus far in 2020, I am linking up for "One Sentence A Day" with Rebecca Jo and other bloggers. August started with a couple of weeks in Saskatchewan and ended back home.
 
1 - Saturday - We had a wiener roast and enjoyed the fire.


2 - Sunday - I read a whole book this day and we all slept in the tent this night.

3 - Monday - We tried sleeping in the tent again this night but forgot to check the weather ahead of time and got chased inside by a thunderstorm.

4 - Tuesday - We picked raspberries and Mom and I invented a new drink! (Second sentence: We named it a St Petersburg Burro and it's rhubarb and ginger syrup, vodka, and tonic water. Yum!)

5 - Wednesday - I never laugh so hard as when I'm with my dad!!! (Second sentence: "Wall mocking" will be taking off at my parents this winter!!!)

6 - Thursday - We helped haul a lot of wood into the wood shed this day.

7 - Friday - Dad has to install a new hot water heater, Dave helped, and Mom and I did dishes by heating hot water on the stove. (Second sentence: We watched ET in the afternoon and Rachel asked, "Was life really like that in the 80s???")

8 - Saturday - We enjoyed a delicious low country boil this night.

9 - Sunday - We had a weiner roast and then Rachel, Dave, and I slept in the tent this night.

10 - Monday - We ate a whole lemon meringue pie in one sitting today. YUMMMMMM!!!

11 - Tuesday - We finished helping Mom and Dad haul a whole bunch of wood into the wood shed for winter.

12 - Wednesday - We ate way too much shrimp and pesto pasta for supper this day.

13 - Thursday - I hate getting ready to leave Saskatchewan but we did take some fun pictures with Mom and Dad!!!

14 - Friday - Home again, home again, jiggety jig.

15 - Saturday - Today was all about settling in and getting lots of sleep.

16 - Sunday - The main accomplishment today was getting groceries done.

17 - Monday - A lot of yard work got done this day.

18 - Tuesday - Walking uptown for back to school shopping, swimming in the afternoon, and picking up CSA -- no wonder I was in bed by 7:30 this night.

19 - Wednesday - Today was a really good day including a long walk with my best friend, more swimming, a nap, and "pizza in a cone" for supper!

20 - Thursday - We walked to look at some local art this evening and I found a Sweet Dreams book in a Little Free Library. (Second sentence: Did any of you read those books as teens?!?!)

21 - Friday - We had a fun evening of getting ice cream from a local shop and checking out some different local art.

22 - Saturday - We went on a bike ride to the library and to visit some friends.

23 - Sunday - Sam had a four hour nap today so I got a lot of blogging done. (Second sentence: I can't tell if he was sick or is turning into an exhausted pre-teen? Help!)

24 - Monday - I ended up doing a lot of walking this day, including one longer, very random one in the evening.

25 - Tuesday - I talked to a lot of people in the CSA lineup this day and it felt so good to connect with people in person.

26 - Wednesday - It was a cooler day today but the kids swam nonetheless.

27 - Thursday - I haven't worked since March 13 and suddenly, work stuff has ramped up exponentially.

28 - Friday - In about two hours, I was scheduled to work all five days this coming week so suddenly the "summer is over" panic hit.

29 - Saturday - Our outdoor clothesline broke today :(

30 - Sunday - We fixed the clothesline, went swimming, and did groceries -- it was a full day!

31 - Monday - I started back to work today and then I came home and had a nap and baked muffins.
More sentences: Dave got the new barbecue working today with very little help from me. This project has kept him occupied all summer.
 
I apologize for the lack of pictures in the last part of the month. I can't really take a picture of work craziness and that really dominated all of last week. Thanks for hanging in there and see you back next month. 

10 comments:

  1. I haven't read Sweet Dreams, but I used to love the Sweet Valley High books.
    Yay for getting back to work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a very busy and fun month and some really good food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all of the time you had with your parents- treasured times for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun time you had with your parents! I didn't know those books were called Sweet Dreams books but when I looked them up I did definitely remember reading some. I have that same problem when my kids suddenly sleep real late or nap during the day. It seems like the pre-teens/teens are ALWAYS tired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear we are entering the exhausted pre-teen/teenager stage and I am NOT ready for it. Ahhh. And I'm glad someone else remembers those books. They were so fun :)

      Delete
  5. What a packed month!! Such a fun summer, who would know there was a pandemic! Your kiddos will remember this for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd eat a pie in one sitting too.
    A pizza in a cone??? WHAT IS THIS HEAVENLY CREATION???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that through the power of blogging you were introduced to a low country boil and shared it with your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love reading about everyone's month. These posts are really fun. I look back at mine all the time.

    Love baby girl's bow headband. She looks adorable! Glad you had such a great visit with your parents. My dad made me laugh, too. Treasure that time.

    We need a single clothes line pole to tie a sun sail to for over the pool. Wonder if you can buy a single pole? Glad you got yours fixed. Nothing better than sun dried clothes and sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to be a roast host (as Daughter calls it). That is our favorite & about the only dinner parties we have. What is a low country boil? I've never heard of that. What am I missing out on?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)