Monday, August 24, 2020

An Arty Neighbourhood

Last week we went and checked out some outdoor art in our neighbourhood. The first art installation is about a ten minute walk away from our house. An old factory was finally sold and the developers put up a beautiful wooden fence and invited art from the neighbourhood. The developers provided the wood and the paint and members of our community provided the artwork.

We first checked this installation out in July and there were only a few pieces done. Last week we went back and there had been more added. I can't wait to see all of the pieces once they're installed. I have shared some of my favourites below.

This piece is partially a mosaic (the tree on the left) and the rest is painted. This picture also shows how big the pieces are compared to Rachel. I think they're all 4 feet by 8 feet.

 

This piece reminds me of a Monet piece. I love impressionist artwork.

 

This piece reminds me of the stained glass chalk art that a lot of people were doing with their kids at the beginning of the Covid pandemic.

I really like this piece which shows the factory which used to be here.
 
On Friday, our local uptown Instagram account posted about some artwork which had been added to the back doors of a particular alley. So we went to a local ice cream shop and then walked down the alley to check out the new art.
I love the moose on these garage doors!
I love the orange and pink door. Something about the shapes, and the way they're painted, really appeals to me.
These two pieces of art, along with a few others, are on the side of a parking garage in our uptown. I just love all the emphasis on adding some beautiful art to otherwise boring spaces.
I also like having an excuse to take a walk and check out some of these interesting and unique installations.

8 comments:

  1. This is my type of art exhibit, rather than a traditional gallery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it! And bonus, it's super kid friendly!

      Delete
  2. I love seeing art around a town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fun...it would be a good field trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really neat! And what a fun outing for y'all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so so cool! I love that purply blue geometric print!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)