Tuesday, August 11, 2020

10 On The 10th: August 2020

Welcome to 10 On The 10th, the Saskatchewan Edition :) While I was taking pictures yesterday, Dave kept suggesting pictures for me to take so, in the next few days, he's going to post his own "10 On The 10th." You can look forward to that! Hahaha!!!
We slept in the tent the night before and an extremely loud and annoying bird woke us up with its continuous chirping at 5:13am. This picture was taken after we'd yelled at it, Dave had searched for it outside, and we'd given up and decided to catch a bit more sleep in the house. It was 5:27am. Whooo hoo.
This is Mom and Dad's fancy schmancy coffee maker. I make two cappucinos with hot chocolate for myself every morning. Yum!!! Mom even bought me my own special mug.
Mom and Dad have so many hummingbirds at their house in the summer. I was excited to capture this picture of one at the feeder.
We eat so much good food all the time here. Mom makes the most delicious (slightly spicy) carrot pickles, there was leftover potato salad from the night before, there's always a ton of fresh garden cucumbers, and we have gone through about half the homemade salsa supply already.
Mom and Rachel made buns this day. Today for breakfast I'm looking forward to a bun with homemade yellow raspberry jam. Deliciousness!!!

Dave and Rachel pulled out the lawn darts in the afternoon. (The darts don't have the sharp metal ends so they're very safe, in case you're worried.)
It made me laugh to see the kids bellied up to the island drinking ginger ale. I can imagine them in ten years at a bar drinking something stronger! Hahaha!!!
Opa was showing Rachel how to make hamburgers from scratch. Rachel ate a burger and a half for supper and Sam ate two so they must have been good. (I'm vegetarian so I didn't get to check them out.)
I mixed myself a gin and tonic for "happy drinks." Now that I know how to make them we can have happy drinks when Opa isn't around to make them. I don't know if that's a good thing or not!
We ended the day with HUGE pieces of lemon meringue pie because my mom decided that, between the six of us, we needed to finish it off in one sitting. It was delicious! (Are you sensing a theme here?!?!?)

So that was the 10th in Saskatchewan. Next month will not feature so much yummy food -- you can count on that.

7 comments:

  1. This looks so fun and relaxing...other than the bird.
    Now I'm hungry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, more good food!! So spoiled :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great day! Now I need some pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like y'all are having an amazing time! It made me laugh that you called them 'carrot pickles' - here we would say pickled carrots ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finish off a pie in one sitting - um - YEAH
    That coffee machine!!! That's GOALS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a hearty laugh at the loud and annoying bird. There was one outside my dorm window in college and it haunted me for weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)