Tuesday, July 07, 2020

One Sentence A Day: June 2020

Welcome to "One Sentence A Day" for June, a monthly link up with Rebecca Jo and other bloggers. Full disclosure: Due to a series of bad headaches, I didn't start to write this post until June 11th so some days, I really don't remember :( Also, thanks to continued bad headaches, I didn't document every day. Hopefully July will go better.

1 - Monday - Dave and I went grocery shopping together for the first time since March 13th.

2 - Tuesday - I am learning so much about what it means to be anti-racist.

3 - Wednesday - We all went to the Black Lives Matter march in our city today. (Second sentence: It was extremely powerful.)

4 - Thursday - I slept a lot today.

5 - Friday - I finally called the doctor due to all the headaches I'd been having this week (which Tylenol and Advil weren't touching).

6 - Saturday - I felt so much better today and we went for a walk to get ice cream.

7 - Sunday - I felt well enough to do some yard work after church today which was such a gift!

8 - Monday - The kids and I walked to a local greenhouse this morning because more flowers were necessary! (Second sentence: We stopped by one of our pastor's house for a quick visit and the kids scammed popsicles off her.)

9 - Tuesday - The kids and I had a really great time outside, playing with water all afternoon!

10 - Wednesday - I GOT NEW LIBRARY BOOKS THIS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 - Thursday - Today was a big day: I went back to work for a bit and I got a massage for the first time in six months!!!

12 - Friday - I was back at work for a bit again today.

13 - Saturday - We went for a very long walk and ate delicious treats from a local bakery.

14 - Sunday - We got tested for coronavirus today. (More sentences: We'd had a few minor symptoms and wanted to be safe. The test came back negative three days later.)

15 - Monday - I don't remember this day.

16 - Tuesday - It was the first CSA pickup of the season today!

17 - Wednesday - Happy 9th birthday Rachel!!!

18 - Thursday - I went back to work for the last time this school year.

19 - Friday - I enjoyed connecting distantly (and unexpectedly) with a few different people this evening.

20 - Saturday - I had a meltdown due to stress, and due to feeling overwhelmed by our house, and then we deep cleaned four rooms and it helped.

21 - Sunday - It was the last Sunday School assembly Zoom gathering this day. (Second sentence: These have been an amazing way to keep connected with church for our family.)

22 - Monday - I don't remember this day.

23 - Tuesday - We had dinner over Zoom with a good friend and played a game with her.

24 - Wednesday - I finally felt well enough to go through all of our pictures since November and pick pictures to print. (Second sentence: Dave went to Costco, picked them up (along with a few other things) and now they are in a photo album!)

25 - Thursday - I don't remember this day either.

26 - Friday - We finally hit the last day of school for the year!

27 - Saturday - I felt really good this day and we got a lot done, including a good walk.

28 - Sunday - We had our first swim of the summer at our pool.

29 - Monday - Happy 12th Anniversary to Dave and me!

30 - Tuesday - We all got haircuts for the first time in four months today!!!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the pool has re-opened. Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh - 12 years - so sweet
    Glad your COVID tests came back negative. it does make you nervous when you're starting to feel bad now.
    isnt taht crazy to think about how long ago you did some things - like grocery shopping - for us, its eating out - I dont plan on it for a LONG time to come

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa Urban (founder of Whole 30) has a podcast (Do The Thing, I think) and there was an episode about taking cold showers (full disclosure I haven't listened to this) and someone commented about how this really helped their migraines - like you get in a really cold shower and get your body and your face wet and it helps shrink something in the brain that is swollen - I wonder if that would help your migraines? She had a really bad concussion and I think was doing as part of the treatment. Wouldn't hurt to listen? My heart was so happy to see you with library books!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cleaning and deep cleaning makes me feel like I can breathe better. Sounds crazy but it's true. Glad you were able to get the gang to help you clean.
    Glad the kids finally wound up everything for the school year. Do you know what school looks like in the coming year yet?
    Isn't it crazy how haircuts became such a treat? I was thrilled to finally have my hair cut. Felt like a new woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The day of deep cleaning made me so happy. And YES to being able to breathe better. I would just walk into our sparkling kitchen and smile :)

      Our next school year doesn't start until September 8 (in our province) and there is a big push for five day a week, in school learning coming from health experts and other parenting experts. It will really depend on what is happening with cases in our province at that point. Currently we are only getting about 100 new cases a day and they are more prevalent in certain regions. So there is discussion that there may be a more regional opening approach.

      Canada as a whole is down to about 250 new cases for the whole country so our situation is just very different than what is happening in the US.

      Delete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)