Tuesday, May 05, 2020

One Sentence A Day: April 2020

Welcome to "One Sentence A Day" for April, a monthly link up with Rebecca Jo and other bloggers.

1 - Wednesday - Inspired by an Instagram friend, we started a family newspaper today. (Second sentence: You can read the first edition here and we have published it every Monday since then.)

2 - Thursday - Our song "I am Moose," a parody of "I am Cow" by The Arrogant Worms, was a hit at Dave's workplace today!

3 - Friday - I enjoyed biking with the kids today.

4 - Saturday - Grocery shopping was not the depressing adventure it has been for the past three times (I was able to buy everything on my list for the first time in three weeks), and Rachel spent the day teaching herself about mammals/insects/amphibians/etc.

5 - Sunday - We woke up to the discovery that Sam's brand new bike had been stolen out of our garage overnight :(

6 - Monday - I got annoyed with the kids and declared we were doing "something fun!" and it worked :)

7 - Tuesday - I didn't feel well this day, so I mostly stayed in bed and read three books.

8 - Wednesday - We had a virtual seder today for Passover.

9 - Thursday - I spent longer waiting in line to get into the grocery store than I did actually grocery shopping, but I found everything on my list so I'm calling it a success.

10 - Friday - After thinking about it for over a week, I finally baked gingersnap cookies today.

11 - Saturday - Today was a good day of hanging laundry outside, connecting with our church small group, watching baseball, and enjoying the first BBQ of the season!!!

12 - Sunday - We actually had a good Easter, and the fact that the weather was gorgeous helped A LOT!

13 - Monday - We started a family game of Phase 10.

14 - Tuesday - It was the kids' first day of online learning and I enjoyed a Zoom Happy Hour with some fun blog friends!

15 - Wednesday - Dave's work hosted a "Take Your Kids To Work" day and we laughed our way through Family Yoga!

16 - Thursday - The kids and I had fun doing art in the style of Claude Monet!

17 - Friday - Grocery shopping felt a little more normal today, except that I couldn't find green lentils or paint.

18 - Saturday - We got a TON of craft paint today!!! (Second sentence: The kids have been going through it like crazy lately.)

19 - Sunday - We introduced the kids to Star Wars today and they LOVED it.

20 - Monday - Today was a GREAT day and I documented in a "Day In The (Quarantine) Life" post. (Second sentence: You can read it here if you're interested.)

21 - Tuesday - I had a major headache for most of this day, as did Sam.

22 - Wednesday - I attended my first online funeral today.

23 - Thursday - I tried grocery shopping in the evening instead but it was still stressful.

24 - Friday - I FINALLY got my pansies planted today! Whoooo hoooo!!!

25 - Saturday - It was a readathon day and it went really well.

26 - Sunday - One of my kids was just having a "bad quarantine day" and my heart broke for them :(

27 - Monday - The weather was gorgeous today and the kids and I spent about six hours outside.

28 - Tuesday - The kids and I did a self-guided cemetery tour which was really interesting.

29 - Wednesday - I tried baking cinnamon buns for the second time this quarantine and they turned out much better than my first batch.

30 - Thursday - Today was a "blah" day although we did manage to bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies.

10 comments:

  1. I like the idea of a cemetery tour, we have one we can walk to from our house so maybe it will be a weekend activity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A local family sent out a link to a tour and it gave us something to do! Ha! It was actually more interesting than I thought it would be and we need to finish the rest of it this week. (There is one big tour divided in half and the first half took about an hour so to do it all at once would have been a lot, I think.)

      Delete
  2. This is a tough time for families with children and I hope your two have more good days than 'blah' days. It's funny isn't it how important grocery shopping queues have become - and that feeling of relief when you are home with full cupboards and knowing you don't need to go back again for another week!
    That colourful elephant is adorable - well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids have thankfully been having mostly "good" days so the "bad" day was memorable. And yes, the grocery shopping is insane. Once we get back to "normal/regular life" I don't think I'll ever take a regular grocery shopping trip again without being thankful.

      Delete
  3. 3 books in one day - when you're feeling bad?? My hero
    Love the pic of all of you reading while walking :)
    That elephant chalk art is GORGEOUS!!!!
    Phase 10 - I think I have it but have never played it - boo!
    thanks for linking up with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these types of posts! The sidewalk art is really cool and ginger snap cookies are my favorite!

    Jill - Doused in Pink


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to bake the gingersnaps again. We loved them!

      Delete
  5. Lots of delicious biking! Sorry to read about the bike getting stolen; that's awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there was a lot of baking this month! And thankfully we have replaced the bike but it was one extra kick in the gut during this whole quarantine situation :(

      Delete
  6. It's so fun just getting a small snippet of your days. I second the cemetery tour being a really neat activity!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)