Friday, May 08, 2020

About To Burst

For those of you who have read here for a long time, I'm sure you've heard me say that I can never decide whether Spring or Fall is my favourite season.
Two weeks ago today, I went around and took pictures of the trees and flowers which were starting to show signs of life. And I was reminded, once again, why I really do think Spring might just win out.
 
And then this morning, I went out and took pictures of all the same scenes again. Clearly some plants/flowers are at the height of their spring glory...
 
... while others are making their way there more slowly.
And to me, that feels like the perfect metaphor for what is happening with Covid-19 right now. Some places are opening up already, while others are taking things more slowly.
But, whether we're moving quickly or slowly, it feels like everything is about to burst into bloom/open up again. And I take hope from the fact that we'll all get there eventually.
After all, Spring is a return to warmth and rebirth after the cold of Winter, no matter how long it takes.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! The pictures and the sentiment. Such a great perspective friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!! I love watching the buds and the blooms and everything about spring. Spring is definitely my favorite season. The fall has its perks too, like changing colors, the refreshing cool after a hot summer, and football :) but spring is the winner for sure because the warmth after a cold winter fills me with LIFE.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)