Thursday, April 07, 2011

My new job

I have borrowed liberally from Kelly at Kelly's Korner for this post.

As of yesterday, I have a new job.

The pay is a WHOLE, WHOLE lot less.
There will be no raises or bonuses.
No annual reviews.
The hours are a LOT longer.
I have to work nights and weekends.
I don't get vacation time or sick days.
I can't call in for "mental health" days.
I have to work all major (and minor) holidays.

Meet my new co-worker:

The person reporting to me and I plan to have lots of "working lunches", "coaching" and "team building exercises". I can't fire him so we are in this for the long haul. And come June we will have another co-worker and I can't wait to meet him/her!

As of yesterday I started the job I have dreamed of since I was a girl. I am a full-time Stay at Home Mom and I'm so happy about it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)