Friday, March 08, 2024

Friday Favourite Moments #10

I'm writing this post on Tuesday night right before we leave on our March Break trip. I'm not taking my computer along, and I don't know how to post from my phone, so this week's post is short and sweet (and only goes up until Tuesday)!

1) Favourite Spirit Day EVER!!!

We had a spirit day at school last week and it was "staff dress like students, students dress like staff." It was so much fun! I borrowed a pair of sweatpants from a Phys Ed teacher, borrowed Rachel's crocs, and wore my Taylor Swift sweatshirt. My favourite story was when a teacher called out another teacher for being in the halls during Nutrition Breaks because he thought she was a student! Hahahahaha! It was chaos at work, but in the best kind of way :)

Do I look like a middle school student?!?!?

2) Sam and Rachel's weekend

I'm so thankful that during Covid lockdowns, Sam and Rachel got along so well and rarely fought. It made our family life so much better. But after being stuck to each other's side for basically a year and a half, they clearly needed a break from each other. Plus, you know, they're teenagers (or almost teenagers) and hanging out with your sibling isn't as much fun anymore. But this past weekend, they spent a lot of time together and actually had a sleepover in the basement. I loved seeing them spend some quality time together this past weekend.

3) Birthday cake success!

It was a big birthday for my mother-in-law this past weekend and we had a family party. Rachel and I were in charge of the cake. My mother-in-law's favourite colours are yellow and orange so Rachel and I tried a watercolour effect with the icing. I was pretty pleased with how it turned out!

And those are my favourite moments for this week (up until Tuesday, that is)! Come back next week, when I'm sure I'll have a whole list of favourites from our vacation!!! Have a great weekend!!!

5 comments:

  1. oh that cake came out great-congrats - hope she loved it! Have the BEST TIME EVER- can't wait to hear all about it XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. so I dont know what that says about me but your outfit looking like am middle school kid is basically my outfits when i'm not working LOL Crocs included

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing my kids together is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a fun week leading up to vacation. I hope you have the best time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your teen inspired outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)