Monday, March 20, 2023

10 On The 10th: March 2023

This is one of my favourite kind of "10 on the 10th" posts to write because we were on vacation!!! Whooo hooo! Also, I have to say that I cheated a little on this post, because on March 10th, we were mostly driving. So these are actually pictures I took on March 11th. But March 11th was the day we spent the entire day with Emily (who used to blog here) and her family and we had such a GREAT day with them!!! Also, we had never met in person before, and our families didn't know each other, but we enjoyed hanging out with them so much. The kids became fast friends and had a blast!

All nine of us went out for breakfast and Rachel and I shared cinnamon roll pancakes and Nutella crepes and oh my word, were they delicious! Also, Adam, sorry your eyes are closed.

After breakfast, Emily, her oldest son, Aaron, and our family took the train into Philadelphia to explore. We stopped at the Liberty Bell...

...and explored other fun places and streets in the city.
 
When Emily asked what we wanted to do, the kids said, "We want to walk around, explore the city, and eat yummy treats" so that's what we did. I love this picture of Aaron, Sam, and Rachel walking on ahead. 

Rachel was super excited to "do the splits on cobblestones" for some reason. Emily knew of some very pretty cobblestone streets so this dream could be achieved.
 
I loved the shutters of the houses on this street. This was a beautiful street. 

We stopped for doughnuts and cookies. This is Sam enjoying his doughnut while wearing Aaron's jacket. Since we were mostly on a warmer weather vacation, Sam didn't bring his winter coat and the jacket he brought wasn't very warm. Thankfully Aaron was able to lend him one.

My favourite part of Philadelphia was this area of the city where many of the buildings were covered in mosaics. It was so funky and creative and I loved it. I took so many pictures in this area.
 
Me, in front of a mosaic covered building. 

This is a picture Emily took of all of us eating Philly Cheesesteaks. She had to take it for her Be Real app so that's why she's in the corner of the picture. My Philly Cheesesteak was basically a stir fried veggie sub but it was still really good.

We went back to Emily's for supper (although I didn't really eat any because I was full from the sub and the cookies and the breakfast) and then the kids watched two movies and slept in the family room, the husbands went to bed early, and Emily and I talked and talked and talked.

And because this post is a "10 on the 10th" on the 11th, here's a bonus 11th picture of the kids' sleepover:

We had so much fun getting to visit Emily and her family and exploring Philadelphia with them, and we're already planning our next visit to see them!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh how fun! What a special time for you AND the kids- Philly sounds so wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun visit!! Philly is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MY FAVORITE POST EVER!!!! It was so good to have you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous! Looks like a great time was had!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)