Friday, July 08, 2022

10 On The 10th: June 2022

I'm not going to do a whole lot of catching up from June but I did actually take ten pictures on June 10th, and since it was a fairly special "10th," I wanted to share those photos.

Yes, my parents were here visiting us for the weekend as this was when my re-scheduled, belated, 50th birthday party was. So I enjoyed hanging out with my mom on my aunt's patio...
 
... and then my dad and I took selfies in our back yard! 

It was one of those days when we had no schedule after work/school so the kids were eating popsicles at 6pm, before we'd eaten supper!

Rachel wanted help learning how to do a handstand. At one point, a few of us were inside, and we glanced out the window and my dad was lying on the ground. He has been waiting on a hip replacement for almost two years and we all thought he had fallen and hurt himself. A few of us went rushing out, yelling, and he said, "It's okay. I was just showing Rachel how to do a handstand." Needless to say, he got quite the lecture from us :) 

Dave learned the hazards of buying a beer can just because "space bunnies appeals to Rachel." The beer was a mango/pineapple/orange flavour and d-i-s-g-u-s-t-i-n-g. Also, my pansies were putting on quite the show!
 
Despite what this picture might imply, the BBQing was going quite well and everything was delicious!

So happy to be eating supper with Oma and Opa again!!!
 
It was a really fun, and celebratory, 10th of the month. This month will not be near as exciting and you can see what ten pictures I take of it next week sometime (I hope).

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day! Funny about your dad's headstand lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That beer sounds very interesting! So glad you had the time together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, your dad and the handstand!! Seriously, these parents think they are unstoppable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! So glad you are getting to spend time with your parents again :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)