Wednesday, December 02, 2020

Currently: December 2020

Usually I wait until my blog friend Dara has posted the "currently" prompts to write this post but I decided to make a bold move this month and link up with the actual "currently" prompt blogger, Anne at In Residence. So read on for December's prompts.

[baking]

Well if you've been reading around here for the last few weeks you already know I am obsessed with Holly's Applesauce Jumble cookies. I baked my third batch of them on Monday and I won't tell you how many we've eaten since then. Seriously, if you haven't made these yet, then why are you reading my blog right now? You could be making these delicious treats and enjoying them while you read my blog. It's seriously a win-win situation :)


[decorating]

Rachel and I did some Christmas and Channukah decorating yesterday. I love our dining room at this time of year. And this weekend we'll get our Christmas tree and I'll make my Channukah centrepiece. 

We have Christmas lights in the window and Channukah garland through the whole dining room.

[gifting]

I'm so excited this year because we bought most of our gifts at local stores in our uptown. It felt really important to support these small local businesses this year and I'm so glad we were able to do that.

In case you're wondering what we actually bought, let's just say our kids are getting a lot of things to do -- make, craft, build, read, etc. It's Covid everyone and we won't be socializing over the holidays so our kids need things to do at home.

[hoping]

I'm hoping that the rest of the snow predicted for our area didn't fall overnight. I'm writing this on Tuesday night and I'm tired of shoveling. I already told Dave I'm waking him up early this morning if we got another dump of snow and I have to go to work.

I have no clue how sore my arms are going to be today because that snow yesterday was heavy.

[sending]

We actually addressed, stamped, and sealed all our holiday cards this past weekend. And now they've been sitting on our back table for three days waiting for someone to get them to a mailbox. I am making a promise to all of you reading this -- I promise I will put them in a mailbox tonight. You all have to hold me to this, okay? (Our family is famous for either being really early with our cards or really late -- like February/March of the next year late. Let's stick with "early" this year, okay?)

 Rachel, Dave, and I addressed the bulk of the cards on Friday night while watching a Hallmark Christmas movie. Sam was on a Jr Youth Zoom call.

So this is what's up with us "currently." How about you?

21 comments:

  1. Those cookies look delicious! I've spoiled my kids and everyone else on my holiday list this year. It's been rough, so why not? A little happiness and joy never hurt anyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly -- "a little happiness and joy never hurt anyone!" Excellent philosophy :)

      Delete
  2. I think I will start watching Christmas movies today - I am inspired by your setup! And those cookies look delicious. We also thought about stay-at-home type gifts this year. Your decorations look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Enjoy the season of holiday movies for sure!

      Delete
  3. Good for you getting the Christmas cards ready to go already - your friends and family are going to have such cheer when they arrive. Right now I just live for happy mail :)

    Definitely will be adding those cookies to my baking list.

    Thanks for joining in the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Jumbles came out awesome! How did you like them? Sorry you are shoveling- only a matter of time here too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Holly. I LOVE these cookies!!! I've raved about them to everyone I know and our family goes through a batch in about five days :)

      Delete
  5. Yay for decorating! I am no ready for snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got my cards to the post office yesterday; they had been sitting in the back seat of our car for 3 or 4 days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did get our cards in the mail that afternoon. However, we still have to deliver the ones we're going to do by hand. Hopefully those will get out in the next few days.

      Delete
  7. Ohhhh, applesauce cookies sound delicious!!! I can't believe we don't have any snow here right now... we live in MT... but I'm not complaining. There is snow up higher in the mountains but not at our elevation right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm all about the Christmas movies these days! I haven't started making cookies yet, but soon.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cookies look delicious! I'm going to snag the recipe...for my mom and daughter to make!

    I'm in Tennessee, so seeing that amount of snow is terrifying! We would be shut down until at least January...and that's probably not even a large amount for you!

    Found your blog through the Currently linkup and can't wait to read more! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment. The way this snow fell shut our schools for one day but that's only because it was Covid. Normally, this would be an annoyance but not that big of a deal.

      Delete
  10. I ran out of stamps and have had about 15 remaining cards addressed and needing stamps, oops! Those cookies look awesome! Not jealous of the shoveling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. IF we have applesauce, I will make those cookies. :) We don't eat applesauce regularly but I usually store some snack packs away for emergency sick day or upset stomach BRAT diet. I'll look and see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cookies look delicious! Good for you for shopping local.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt really important this year to try and support local businesses.

      Delete
  13. I haven't been baking yet and want to start after seeing everyone's photos and posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally see why. There were a lot of yummy baking pictures posted!

      Delete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)