Since August is over, I am back to just "regular" favourite moments from the week. These were my favourite moments this week.
1) Busker Festival
Rachel headed uptown with friends on Friday night so Dave and I decided to take check out the Busker Festival. We had a food truck supper and then we decided to stay for one act. These twins were here from Argentina and their act was so fun! I loved the various tricks they did with hats. For the finale, they were both blindfolded, one brother standing on the other's shoulders, and the top one was juggling knives. I often wonder, how do you get to this point? Were they just goofing off in the backyard one day and now they're doing this?!?!?!
2) Camp pickup
We picked Sam up from his last two weeks at camp. He was volunteering with day campers the last week and he got to stay in "a shack"! This was his spacious accommodation! I think he liked it. We stayed for the paddle ceremony where the camp honours counsellors who have worked at camp for five years. It was our first time to see it and it was so moving. Afterwards we enjoyed catching up with some of our favourite counsellors.
3) Jays' game with friends
We went to a Jays' game with good friends. We were so excited because our friends' son, who is 5, wanted to go to his first baseball game and they wanted to have it happen with us. I was remembering taking Sam and Rachel to their first game when they were four and six. It was the start of our Jays obsession! Hahaha! You can read that post here if you want a throwback :)
Back to this game though -- the Jays won, they hit a home run, and we had the best time!!! We can't wait to attend a game with these friends again next season.
4) Work perks
I'm mostly adjusted to being back at work and I've really enjoyed catching up with all my co-workers as they've returned from their summer breaks. I've been reminded how much I really do enjoy my co-workers and how great it is to see them all again! What hasn't been a favourite is having a bat in our school (at one point it was flying from the front entry, past the office, and down the gym hallway), but I'm super appreciative of my one co-worker who was brave enough to open doors to try and get it out. I was in the office and shrieked so loud they heard me on the third floor! Hahaha!
5) Cousin phone calls
There's been some family stuff I've been sorting out (nothing bad!), and some of the conversations have just been easier to have on the phone, rather than through text. I've gotten to talk to one of my cousins a couple of times this week and I've really loved those phone calls. This cousin and their family live across the country from us and we don't get to see them near often enough.
6) Sunsets from the cottage
Rachel is at the cottage with her bestie for a few days and she keeps sending us amazing sunset pictures. While I wish I could be there with her, getting these pictures from her are the next best thing!
So those were some of my favourite moments from this past week. This weekend we have a three day weekend so I know a favourite moment will be getting a lot of stuff done at home! Whoo hoo!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)