Monday, July 15, 2024

Deep Grief

We are currently in the midst of a two week road trip and I'm waking up this morning in New Hampshire. While I have many stories to tell from this vacation, I am posting today only to ask for your prayers.

As we were driving to Fenway Park to see a baseball game on Saturday I checked my email and saw the news that one of our pastors died unexpectedly early Saturday morning. I am not going to share many details on the blog but this pastor was only a few years older than Dave and their kids are Sam and Rachel's ages so this is hitting us all very hard.

We have not only lost a pastor but also a friend, and for Sam and Rachel, the parent of their friends. We are in shock and disbelief and yet, we're also very far from home and ending our vacation now would not serve any purpose. So we are continuing to explore new places and be together as a family, while trying to process this devastating loss.

If you could pray for our pastor's family -- their spouse and children, for our church, and for our family, we desperately need them right now. This loss will be felt for a very, very, very long time.

7 comments:

  1. Sending you all love and strength XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you prayers as you navigate through this difficult time. Death is never easy to process, but certainly so when it is unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sad!! may his memory be a blessing. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so sorry to read this! Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss, this is very tough! Y'all will be in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear of this loss. A few years ago I learned of a coworker of mine being killed while I was on vacation and it was weird to process that while trying to have fun with the family. Continued prayers for yall.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)