Friday, June 12, 2020

One Sentence A Day: May 2020

I intended to be back and publishing posts this week but a few things have been going on and thus, I have not had time to blog. I am going to publish this post and then try and catch up on some blogging over the weekend. And I hope to catch up on my blog reading over the weekend as well. I miss you all and can't wait to reconnect with you again.

1 - Friday - It was a gorgeous afternoon of sitting in the sun and reading! (Second sentence: Friday night grocery shopping is where it's at -- no lineups to get in and the store wasn't at all crowded!)

2 - Saturday - Happy Birthday to me!!!
Our first in-person, distant, visit with our best friends!

3 - Sunday - I actually got a sunburn reading outside today...

4 - Monday - May the fourth be with you!

5 - Tuesday -Cinco De Mayo and Taco Tuesday combined for a fun day!


6 - Wednesday - Rachel and I might just be addicted to Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings!

7 - Thursday - It was a bit of a "blah" day around here and we didn't do any online learning for the first time this quarantine.

8 - Friday - I got to pick up my (pre-ordered) annuals today!!!

9 - Saturday - It was a good day of relaxing combined with getting things tidied up around the house.

10 - Sunday - Although it was cold, overall it was a good Mother's Day.


11 - Monday - We woke up to snow and the day went downhill from there. (Second sentence: Highlight of the day was having a Zoom call with a friend to be her flower consultant.)

12 - Tuesday - My IKEA order came in and Rachel got creative with the box.

13 - Wednesday - Making watercolour paint for Rachel's texture art and reading a whole book outside in the sun were the highlights of this day.

14 - Thursday - Rain, rain, go away, we've had enough of you this spring.

15 - Friday - The day was hard but the evening (Starbucks run, catching up with friends) more than made up for it.

16 - Saturday - I spent ten hours straight outside today!!!

17 - Sunday - Early morning grocery shopping followed by online church and a two hour nap -- it was a restful day!

18 - Monday - It was a rainy day so I spent time blogging (reading & writing), drinking tea, and baking gingersnaps.

19 - Tuesday - Our province announced that schools will not re-open this year which means that I will have only been able to work for twelve out of 52 weeks. (Second sentence: Being out of work in the fall of 2019 was not my choice and thus, this announcement was very hard to hear.)

20 - Wednesday - I woke up at 3am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, however, it was a good day in spite of that.

21 - Thursday - I went on a 7 kilometre (4.5 mile) bike ride with Sam and Rachel today to pick up yeast.

22 - Friday - We helped a friend with yard work this afternoon and ate supper with her over Zoom this evening.

23 - Saturday - I planted the last of my annuals, hung out two loads of laundry, read outside for a bit, and we finally got the winter tires changed!

24 - Sunday - Online church in the morning and Sam and Rachel made Earl Grey Tea scones in the afternoon.

25 - Monday - We finally got our taxes done!

26 - Tuesday - I had a bad headache which, sadly, didn't go away for much of the day, but I did actually update our calendar for June.

27 - Wednesday - We picked up a new BBQ, a new back yard umbrella, and set up the Slip 'N Slide.

28 - Thursday - It finally rained today and it was glorious!

29 - Friday - The kids and I picked all the dead dandelions out of the front yard. (Second sentence: We have a push mower (non-electric) and it doesn't cut the stems so we have to pick them all.)

30 - Saturday - It cooled down enough that we had to wear sweatshirts to pick dandelions in the back yard.

31 - Sunday - I had a headache so had a long nap after church.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! :)

    I'm glad you got to be outside so much. Sunshine therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have you join us and to read your sentences. Crazy how you had a surprise snow early in the month and the kids were biking in shorts a few days later. WHAT???
    I have seen scones on a lot of blogs. We made them once for a school project on Scotland. Ours were very dry. Yours look much tastier.
    Glad you have been able to get all of the plants in the ground and enjoy lots of time outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you posted your sentences. Hope you linked up, too!!
    When LIFE gets crazy it is hard to want to sit down and write about it. You are just in survival mode.
    Looks like May had a lot of fun moments for the kids, and your happy birthday - wishing you a healthy, happy year!
    Boxes make the best toys. My daughters set up a whole village in our garage one summer with patio furniture boxes. They had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May 11 - snow
    May 27 - bathing suits

    Only in Canada!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't get over wearing sweatshirts in May ha. AND SNOW!!! Mind blown.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)