Thursday, June 18, 2020

An Alphabet Of Isolation

I ran into Deb who blogs over at Deb's World through the sentence a day link up. She mentioned doing a photo project called An Alphabet Of Isolation, which you can read about here. I thought it would be a good way to mark off 26 of the never-ending days of quarantine so I decided to do my own. I took one picture a day for 26 days and I took my pictures in A-Z order.

May 5, 2020 - A is for Avocado, even if it wasn't at all ripe. We ate a lot of avocados at the beginning of quarantine for some reason...

May 6, 2020 - B is for banana muffins which I made a ton of even before this pandemic started.

May 7, 2020 - C is for cemetery. We did another part of our tour of our local cemetery today.

May 8, 2020 - D is for dianthus, also known as Sweet William.

May 9, 2020 - E is for essential trip, also known as "getting groceries."

May 10, 2020 - F is for flowers, which thankfully, I managed to acquire from a greenhouse. Yay for flowers all summer long.

May 11, 2020 - G is for goldfish crackers, which for some reason, Sam, Rachel, and I have been eating like they're going out of style.
 

May 12, 2020 - H is for helpers, particularly dish helpers in housecoats! H is also for haikus which Sam, especially, has been composing a lot of.

Helpers in housecoats
Drying dishes everyday
Thank you to my kids!

May 13, 2020 - I is for the In Death series. I have read about twenty of these books this quarantine.

May 14, 2020 - J is for jelly beans. We celebrated Jelly Bean Day about a month ago and have been eating through the bag ever since.

May 15, 2020 - K is for kneading challah. I've had time to make challah every Friday during this time.

May 16, 2020 - L is for liquor. There has definitely been more of that consumed during this time :)

May 17, 2020 - M is for monkey mask. A friend of mine made this one for Rachel and she LOVES it!

May 18, 2020 - N is for newspaper. We've published a family newspaper on the blog weekly, reporting on our time in quarantine. It's been so much fun! You can read the latest edition here.
May 19, 2020 - O is for online learning. I'm so thankful the kids have been eager to jump into it every day.

May 20, 2020 - P is for packages. We've never had so many packages shipped to our house. Sadly, this package was supposed to arrive this day which is why I picked it as "P" but it was a few days late so I didn't actually take this picture on this day.

May 21, 2020 - Q is for Quarantine Success -- Acquiring Yeast!!! Whoooo hoooo!!!

May 22, 2020 - R is for "riding bikes, running errands." We've gone on a few errand focused bike rides these past few days.

May 23, 2020 - S is for sleepovers. The kids get an "underground sleepover" every weekend night to help distinguish weekends from the rest of the week. They sleep in our guest bed in the basement, hence the term "underground sleepover." This term started a few years ago and has stuck around.

May 24, 2020 - T is for trampoline. The trampoline has been a lifesaver during this time as the kids have used it so much.

May 25, 2020 - U is for unruly. Almost three months without a haircut and all our hair is looking a little unruly.

May 26, 2020 - V is for "virtual meeting." After ten weeks of online learning, Rachel had her first virtual meeting with her teacher (and a few classmates) today. Sam didn't start until the following week. Until this point, they had had no "live" interaction with their teachers other than e-mail.

May 27, 2020 - W is for water. I have NOT been drinking enough water during this time of quarantine.

May 28, 2020 - X is for "the X factor." The answer to these questions depends on whether or not a day in quarantine is defined as "good."

May 29, 2020 - Y is for yard work, specifically getting the kids to help with a lot of yard work!

May 30, 2020 - Z really should be for zoom, but I'm making it for zinnias because I feel awkward taking pictures of Zoom meetings. I'm so happy to have my zinnias (and my other annuals) during this time of quarantine. They really brighten up our yard :)

4 comments:

  1. So fun! I surely thought Z would be for Zoom too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your babies are blessed to have one another during this isolation. My 9 year-old granddaughter is pretty much a loner but this is compounding that. And even she is missing interaction with other children after all this time.
    I am having a terrible time with my yeast starter. It is refusing to rise. Wonder if I need to get some other yeast to mix in with it? So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was awesome, you know I'll be stealing it! :) I'm surprised it took so long for your kids to have live zoom meetings. Ours started almost immediately. I love zinnias too but the deer in our neighborhood eat them so we haven't planted any since we moved here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh! I didn’t know we shared a love of cemeteries! I really love wandering around cemeteries and reading headstones and no one else likes to do this with me??? We also don’t have a lot of cemeteries near our house (too close to philadelphia; most of them further out) but there is a tiny, old one near a playground and every now and then we will walk around finding names.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)