Friday, June 17, 2016

Happy Fifth Birthday Rachel!!!

Dear Rachel,

Today you are FIVE! How did you get from our little baby Rachel Roo...
...to this???
Rachel, you have so much personality. You are friendly and loud and funny and sweet and curious and assertive and enthusiastic about life.
July and August 2015

You have loved going to school this year. You have lots of friends and I can tell that your favourite part of school is creating things at the art centre! It has been so much fun seeing your reading take off this year. You love to read books and you are learning so many words. I also like seeing you try to sound things out to spell them.
August and September 2015
 
You like to help around the house. You clean up the playroom so nicely and you like working in the yard -- watering flowers or picking dandelions. You like to help put laundry away. Funny Bunny is still your favourite stuffed animal and he and Target Blanket go with you to bed every night.
November and December 2015

Rachel you love all things girly. You love pink and bows and jewellery. Oma put some make up on you at Christmas and you thought it was the best thing ever. You always want to wear "a dress and tights" and we sometimes get into fights about appropriate clothing for what you are doing. I can already tell your teenage years are going to be fun :)

January and February 2016

Sometimes your personality leads to disagreements with Mommy and Daddy. You like to be so independent and grown up and don't like it when we try to put limits on what you do or steer you in a different direction. That sense of knowing what you want will be good for you eventually, even if Mommy and Daddy are pulling their hair out a little over it now!
March and April 2016

Rachel, your big brother Sam is still your best friend. I love how well the two of you play together. You want to be just like him and run after him and his friends on the school playground. You are willing to do whatever he wants to do and play baseball and Legos with him. I love how much you two love each other and I hope your relationship stays that way.
 
April and May 2016

Rachel Katie, I love you to the moon and back and you have brought so much joy to our lives. I hope you have the happiest fifth birthday ever!

Love, 
Mommy

To read about Rachel's surprising birth, click here.

I'm sorry I've been MIA on the blog recently. It was an unplanned absence and there was no one thing which contributed to it. I am planning on getting back into regular blogging next week, including some catch up posts. I've missed this little space and reading up on all of your goings on. See you next week :) I hope.

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Rachel! I hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!! I love all of these pictures! Happy birthday, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to Rachel!! She is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Already arguing about appropriate outfits? My those will be fun teen years. But then again maybe she'll get it out of her system now. Here's to hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Rachel! :) What a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)