Saturday, September 18, 2010

Friday fun (or not)

Yesterday was a good day in some ways and a bad day in some ways. First the good -- Olivia from Mom's group came over for the day and she and Sam had a great time. They created lots of havoc and I think they had fun.

Also it was Sam's first Kindermusik class of the fall and it's a new class too -- Our Time! So it's shorter, more active and the kids are a lot more grown up. Sam woke up with a cold, and Olivia was there, so he didn't get as into it as I thought he might. Next week, though, he should be raring to go!

The bad -- I got home at 6:30 and Sam started FREAKING OUT. His ear was red and hot so we put supper away (without eating it, I might add) and headed off to a clinic. Sam was diagnosed with "almost" an ear infection so we have to keep an eye on it. He fell asleep pretty quickly, once we got home, and he only woke up once. After 5 minutes of cuddling he fell back asleep. And now he's already down for his nap. He ate a lot better this morning and his temperature is down so hopefully he's on the mend. Except for a very runny nose.

It's so hard when you have a sick child and the can't tell you what hurts. It's difficult to figure out what to do. But I think we've gotten through this one okay. Now I'm fighting a cold so hopefully THAT goes away soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)