Thursday, May 24, 2018

Photo Of The Day -- May 1 - 12, 2018

So for my last photo a day post, I'd promised you another post by the end of the week. And then I promised to be caught up on blogging until, and I quote myself, "At least until the next time life intervenes and I don't blog for two weeks :)" Well, who knew that the two week period would begin after that post? I must have had some premonition. Anyways, all this blathering is to say, "Hi! I'm back." And yes, it's been two weeks. Ha!

I'm currently sick with a cold that has settled into my chest and is sapping all my energy. When that hasn't been taking up my time, I've been biking with Rachel on the trailer bike. Last night we biked to Sam's ball game and back (a 13km/8 mile trek). It was really fun. And yes, Sam playing ball twice a week and Rachel playing soccer once a week have also been taking up time.

And now with all that preamble/explanation/more information than you wanted finished, on with the photos.

May 1, 2018 -- My birthday was the following day but, since Sam had ball the next night, Dave made my birthday dinner this night. Can I just do a shout out here to how much I love BBQd cherry tomatoes. Oh yum.

May 2, 2018 -- I want to do a whole post about my birthday as I filled the day by doing all my favourite things. Here's a picture of the pansies I planted in our window boxes.

May 3, 2018 -- Rachel had the dress rehearsal for her dance recital this day. She was a peppermint lollipop in Mary Poppins.

May 4, 2018 -- Just some of Rachel's adoring fans with her after the show.

May 5, 2018 -- Winter seemed to last forever and then BAM! It was spring. There was no transition time. I was excited to see my peony ready to bloom.

May 6, 2018 -- We went grocery shopping and Sam found this bacon flavoured tomato juice. Even though he LOVES bacon, he was a little (a lot?!) skeptical.

May 7, 2018 -- It was Music Monday at Rachel's school. Did I tell you she surprised Dave and I in November by saying she'd joined the school choir?! Anyways, here she is with one of her best friends, E, after the concert.

May 8, 2018 -- It was time to do some yard work, which in this case meant mowing. Rachel gave it a good try before handing the mower off to Dave.

May 9, 2018 -- I love magnolias and am so happy that our next door neighbour has a tree in their front yard for me to enjoy.

May 10, 2018 -- I can't remember what was happening this day, but for some reason I didn't take a picture.

May 11, 2018 -- When your new favourite player hits a walk off home run against your biggest rivals. Yesssssss!!!!

May 12, 2018 -- We finally got to go see CANstruction and I loved this bee structure. I'm going to write a post about this because a) CANstruction is awesome! and b) our attempts to get there were comical :)

1 comment:

  1. This year our Sunday School class started collecting a few cans from each family on the third Sunday of each month to donate to the local food bank. We call the program....Yes We Can. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)