Monday, September 03, 2007

Dave in Edmonton

Now that Natasha has told you about her employment situation, I figured I should fill you in on what I've been up to here in Edmonton (no, the answer is not "nothing" -- that would make for a very short and boring post :).

My main projects over the past few weeks have been a couple of websites that I've been asked to re-design. One is for Project Teach, a program run by a friend of the family (Pierre Joanis) which helps train schoolteachers in Haiti. The old version of the site is up at http://www.project-teach-haiti.org, and my "new and improved" version should be going up within the next few days.

The other site is for Wave Control, the company that Natasha is working for. Natasha was discussing her possible duties with Trevor (her boss) when the topic of improving the company's website came up. She recommended me for that part of the job, and so I've been working with Trevor to spiff up the existing site. This site is located at http://www.wavecontrol.ca, but it is -- once again -- the old version, and I'm not sure exactly when we're going to switch over to the new version.

The other bit of employment I've had this past week was helping Trevor clean out his old condo, which he officially moved out of at the end of August. This involved moving furniture, boxes, etc., and then cleaning the place from top to bottom -- floors, fridge, stove, bathroom, etc. It took a bit longer than I'd hoped, but it was satisfying to be able to leave the place knowing I'd done a thorough job, and that it would be clean for the people moving in.

Besides the website design stuff, I've been doing house organization things like hanging pictures, organizing books, and other general tasks like cooking, and grocery shopping. The school term starts tomorrow (aaah!) with a day of grad orientation events, so I will be turning my attention towards my degree quite soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)