Monday, June 04, 2012

Auntie Sheri's Art

My good friend Sheri, in Edmonton, is so creative. She went to Sea World and saw that they made Sea World themed art of your children's hand prints. Of course you had to pay an arm and a leg for them. So Sheri decided she could just do it herself. She made the following prints for Sam and Rachel as going away presents with the sweetest letters to my kids on the back. I wanted to do something special with them and my mom suggested shadow boxes. So yesterday we finally got that done. Everyone who has seen the pictures has commented on how creative and how beautiful they are. Thank you so much Sheri! These are memories which will last a lifetime.

Rachel's hand prints got turned into flamingos.


Sam's got turned into turtles and a duck.
And the spots on the turtles are Sam's thumbprints.

Considering how crazy my children look in these pictures, Sheri's beautiful artwork is that much more impressive. In my opinion anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)