Tuesday, March 01, 2011

New Mom's Group

EDITED TO ADD PICTURES OF THE CHAOS AND SAM AND OLIVIA HANGING OUT!

Today I hosted my New Mom's Group. This is actually a random group of new mom's who signed up for a program through the Alberta Health System when our babies were between 6 weeks and 6 months old. There were about 15 of us who had signed up for this group. We met for six weeks and talked about things like dental hygiene, nutrition, sleep issues, etc.

The real benefit of the group is that after the obligatory six weeks a lot of us continued to meet every Tuesday afternoon. By the beginning of June most of the moms had to go back to work but those of us lucky enough to have flexible schedules have continued to meet. There are currently five of us who are "regulars" and basically our kids have played together every week since they were quite young. Sam is the oldest of the kids and Saige, who will be 2 at the end of June, is the youngest.

This group has been through A LOT together and we talk about EVERYTHING!!! The thing I am currently most excited about is that of the five of us who have been able to continue meeting are all pregnant with our second babies. Sheri is due any day now, I am next in June, Elena is due in July, Marcia in August and Jenelle in September. So our kids will travel the road of becoming older siblings together. And us moms can share our pregnancy woes (and clothes!) and joys!

Today I hosted and let me tell you -- can six toddlers ever make one heck of a mess. Especially in our small space! I took pictures but I'm too tired to get them off the camera so you'll just have to trust me on this one! And yes, I know the math of six toddlers and five moms doesn't add up but one of the moms babysits on Tuesdays for another mom in the group who had to go back to work full-time.

This group has really been there for me through thick and thin and now the kids are starting to call each other "Auntie This" and "Auntie That" and it's so sweet. So here is a shout-out to Sam's Aunties -- Auntie Marcia, Auntie Sheri, Auntie Jenelle and Auntie Elena (or "Auntie Ena" as Sam calls her) -- and their kids -- Olivia (or "Eee-via" as Sam calls her), Naden, Kelsey and Saige and Thomas. We love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)