Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Busy day with no pictures

So today was a busy-ish day and we have NO pictures :( Sorry.

This morning I had to go to Grey Nun's hospital and get the WinRho needle because I am pregnant and I have a negative blood type. We dropped Sam off at Olivia's (where else?!?!) and headed to Grey Nun's. Dave wishes he had had a camera to take a picture at the look on my face when the nurse told me that "normally we give these shots in the bum so please roll over." I've had this shot twice before and both times it was in the arm. I asked if I could have it in the arm instead and the nurse was very willing. She just had to "go change the needle"! Yerghks :() And I HATE HATE HATE needles with a passion so this long build-up was very nerve wracking...

Anyways, it wasn't near as bad as I was anticipating -- I could hardly feel it -- so I need to remember that in the week after Knut's birth when I need this shot again. Yay.

Then Dave and I went and had a mini-date at the grocery store. We ended up spending a bit of extra money on things which weren't on our list (Smoothies! Pizza! Baby Carrots!) but it was fun to shop just the two of us again. It's a whole different experience when you're not trying to get in and out of the grocery store as quickly as possible with Sam.

Then we picked up Sam and I got dropped off at work. Dave picked me up at work and I was SUPPOSED to dishes while Dave made Eggplant Parmesan for supper but I was WIPED. OUT. So I napped while Dave did dishes. And then made supper. But I did grate the Parmesan cheese, cut the mozzarella cheese and assemble the Eggplant Parm while Dave did everything else.

Brian and Ghenette came over for supper and fortunately they were entertained by Sam's not-eating conversation! Fortunately they also both LOVED Eggplant Parmesan. I only feel so-so about it so I like when we have company and Dave can make meals that aren't my favourite and get a chance to enjoy them with other people who like them.

After Brian and Ghenette left we talked with Dave's parents about their visit this summer and also about Hebrew middle names for Knut. I think we're getting closer to picking one but who knows? It's kind of complicated and a little difficult for someone like me who has no association with any of the names.

Now Sam is going to sleep and so am I. Good night...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)