Saturday, July 28, 2012

Productive!

We had a very productive day today. And I didn't take pictures of any of it :( Oh wait! Yes I (and Dave!) did. Since Dave doesn't have to work on his thesis all the time (he has only about five hours of minor editing to do before it is done! Done! DONE!!!), we had a chance to get a lot of other stuff done today.

Dave vacuumed the basement stairs, I swept and washed Sam's floors and our floors and dusted, Dave finished trimming the hedge (which totally needed it because our friend's almost four year old son commented on it!), Sam cleaned up the hedge trimmings...

... I cut off all the dead daylily stems, Rachel had a four hour nap, Dave cut down the huge thistle we had been cultivating...
... Sam dug some big holes in the flower bed, I read a bunch of back issues of our local paper, Rachel ate lunch outside...
... Dave did a bunch of dishes, I picked tomatoes with Sam (and yes, I know my skirt is caught on the hedge -- I had to do some extra trimming to reach the back of the tomatoes -- who knew those things would grow to be so big???)...
... Rachel took a step or two (!!!), Dave and I made supper for our care group, we realized we can provide a meal for 17 people with our CSA share (17 is the number of people in our awesome care group), Dave and I did more dishes, Dave set up the train track for Sam, and now we are going to bed because tomorrow is another busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)