Sunday, July 01, 2012

Four Years of Marriage: How We've Celebrated Our Anniversaries In The Past

Here is a retrospective of how we've celebrated our wedding anniversary in previous years. (I'm doing only a retrospective because I'm tired and I want to go to bed and to tell you what happened on Friday I would have to sort through and upload a whole bunch of pictures. I have also decided to share an entire wedding week retrospective and will cap it off with our fourth wedding anniversary celebrations. Aren't you excited?!?!?!)

Our first anniversary was spent with Dave's immediate family in Massachusetts. Sam was a day less than three months old and we were still in new baby exhaustion. Plus travel exhaustion. The night before our anniversary we stayed in the sketchiest hotel ever. It was so scary I refused to touch the floor without wearing shoes. And the only place we felt safe putting Sam down was on our sheets. In retrospect we should have gone to a different hotel but remember the exhaustion I was mentioning earlier?

Anyways, here is a picture of us around our anniversary. We didn't get a picture of the two of us on our anniversary because it was a busy, crazy day. We also didn't really celebrate it.

Our second anniversary was very different and may have been the best meal of my life up until that point. Dave, Sam and I drove home from Saskatoon, with a stop at The Border City Petting Zoo just outside of Lloydminster. The BCPZ was actually much more impressive than we had anticipated. However the main event was that night. We went to The Melting Pot, which is the only one in Canada. Score! Here is us before we went out that night.

The Melting Pot is a fondue place and I ate more than I ever have before. I'm pretty sure about that! It was soooooo good. Here are Dave and I during our main course.

Our third anniversary was a bit of a wash because Rachel was twelve days old. Silly babies ruining our anniversaries :) That day we got Sam's haircut and I went and introduced Rachel to my hairdresser and my co-workers. We were going to go out for dinner but I was too tired so we stayed home and watched episodes of Friends. We went out for brunch at The Cheesecake Cafe two days later and it was so yummy! And I'm not even a brunch person. However we didn't get pictures of it. However, here is a picture of me holding a replica of my wedding bouquet which my parents (okay, let's be honest, my MOM!!!) sent to us (okay, let's be honest, ME!!!). It was beautiful and I was so excited to get it.

And that is how we've celebrated our anniversaries thus far. Very exciting hey?!?!

So I realized that I've never blogged about our wedding and the general events surrounding it. So I am going to do that for this upcoming week. It's fun to think about how things went. and it's also good to remind myself of what a special time it was because I have forgotten a lot about it. Coming tomorrow: Pre-wedding festivities!

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine traveling with a three month old. When Lance was that old, I had my father-in-law come and pick us up so I could ride in the back seat with the baby. They only live 45 minutes away...so sad. He, he : ) We are much braver now days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to look back!! Your bouquet is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)