Friday, July 20, 2012

Dear Dave: While You Are Away Day 2

Today both kids woke up before I had a chance to jump in the shower. So they ate Cheerios and watched How To Build It Cement Mixer while I got clean. I think Rachel enjoyed it! Ha ha ha! Then Janice and her friend Kate from England, came to visit for a bit. After they left Rachel and Sam played with the canned goods while I folded laundry. Why do we buy toys again?

Karen, Caleb and Nathan came over. Sam and Caleb mostly played upstairs and had a blast! Neither boy was happy when the play date was over. Karen and I decided that Rachel and Nathan should get married. Rachel decided to try and pick up Nathan by screaming energetically at him. Nathan responded by bursting into tears every. Single. Time. It was kind of funny but I did feel bad for him. Miss Rachel and I will have to have a talk about how to pick up boys :)



Sam said he was only going to have "quiet time" after Karen, Caleb and Nathan left but he obviously succumbed to the busy morning!

After supper we needed some entertainment and I needed to get out of the house so we took the bus to The Boardwalk. Sam had a blast! In the picture on the right Sam is looking at a flock of seagulls flying overhead. "I call that many birds a 'bird jam' Mommy!" I love how he uses words.

Waiting for the bus to take us home!

And here it is. And pictured are the rowdies at the back of the bus! When we got off the bus I asked Sam, "Did you have fun?" and he responded, "I really enjoyed it Mommy." Where does he get this stuff???

And now it's time for bed. Good night Dr. Dave! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)