Monday, October 01, 2012

What I'm Lovin' Monday

I'm joining up with my blog friend Sherry to share what I'm lovin' today. Sherry started What I'm Lovin' Monday as a way to make something good out of a hard day of the week. It's also a good way to fill you in on some of the things I promised to tell you about earlier today.

First of all, I'm lovin' that our boulevard is FINALLY weeded!!! Yay! It was a two week project which I worked on a little bit every single day (except for two). And Dave and I have been working on it off and on since the end of June. Any green you see is now plants! Whooo hoooo!!!
I'm also lovin' the Fall colours I saw on our walk today. And I'm lovin' being able to walk to do errands on a gorgeous Fall day.
I'm also lovin' celebrating birthdays with friends. Sam was invited to TWO birthday parties yesterday. One was a new friend from school whose parents I've known for a few years now. The other was Caleb, the son of our dear friends, Karen and Andrew. Both kids were celebrating fourth birthdays. Seth's was a Curious George theme and very fun (although I have no pictures -- boo) and Caleb's was a fun gathering of family and friends. Rachel, and her future spouse Nathan, even got to hang out! And Caleb decorated one of his own cakes. Very cool!
I'm also lovin' a daddy who plays playdough with his kids while a sick mommy (sick with a cold) goes to bed early. And lovin' watching a little girl play with playdough for the first time!

And I'm lovin' having two kids down for nap/quiet time while I get some work done. Like clearing the mountain of papers off of my desk! And eating lunch.
And lastly, I'm lovin' cherry tomatoes, especially the orange ones, off of our plants and lettuce from our CSA in a salad with feta cheese for lunch! Yum yum yum!
And that is what I am lovin' this Monday! Check out Sherry's blog to join in the fun.

1 comment:

  1. I love all your lovings. We are just barely starting to see some fall colors in the trees down here so I really appreciate seeing the lovely colors you already have up there. I have so much playdough stuck in a cabinet that we never remember to get out and play with. Boo to this mommy! Haha! The only trouble I have with getting things done during nap time is that it is too tempting to just cuddle up with my babies and sleep too. And those tomatoes look delicious! That is one of Brody's favorite foods right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)