Saturday, September 17, 2011

Three Months!

Rachel -- you are THREE MONTHS old today!!!
Time sure flies when you're having fun :)

You are wearing only disposable diapers. We gave up on cloth because you were peeing through all the time. And just this past week I switched out all of your 0-3 months clothes and replaced them with your 3-6 month clothes. I can't believe you are already outgrowing things.

(Updated to add: As of Monday you weigh 11 pounds, 5 1/4 ounces and are 24" long!)

You have been a great sleeper from the get go! You slept 5 1/2 hours straight at 5 days old. This past month you have had some 8 and 9 hour stretches. You tend to have a one hour nap about two hours after you wake up in the morning and about 75% of the time you have a pretty good (two hours) afternoon nap too. Last week you had an afternoon nap for four hours, waking up to nurse once.

Since we have gotten back from our Saskatchewan summer, you have settled down a lot and are happy in your bouncy seat, the swing or on your playmat for up to half an hour at a time. You love to lie on Mommy and Daddy's bed too! You have started to kick the toys on your bouncy seat bar and also play with the things hanging down from your playmat. It's so fun to see you start to interact with your world :)

You still nurse A LOT! You are a snacker, just like your mommy :) And when you don't get to eat as soon as you think you need to you are pretty good about letting us know!

Thankfully, you have gotten a lot better at being in your car seat and don't scream in the car as much as you used to. Yay! You also like stroller rides and if you are crying when I put you in your car seat, as soon as I take you outside, you stop crying and love to look around. You are so happy in your stroller which makes me happy because we do A LOT of walking.

You smile a lot and like to talk. You also growl in the back of your throat. You also like to suck on your fist if your soother falls out. Thankfully you have gotten a lot better with your soother this past month and it makes you pretty happy. You have also started to rotate yourself when I put you down -- you sometimes make a quarter turn as you kick and flail :)

Your big brother Sam adores you and you seem to like him too! This is a good thing because you guys are in this for the long haul!

Rachel, I'm so happy to have you in our lives. Your daddy, brother Sam and I love you soooo much.

*I first saw the monthly updates at Kelly's Korner and have borrowed her format. Although I know other bloggers do this too. I hope to be able to keep this up with Rachel. And maybe once in awhile Sam will get his own shout-out since I wasn't blogging as much when he was little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)