Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Today was Mother's Day and it was so amazing! I couldn't have asked for a better day :) We started out by going to church at Waterloo North and I am still sooooo excited that we get to do this all the time now!!! (Except on weekends when we will go to the synagogue instead!)

Then we picked up pizza and went to Tim, Janice, Tessa and Willem's for the rest of the day. Sam LOVED playing with Tessa and Willem and Rachel was completely entertained by them. I loved drinking tea and planting flowers with Janice. Dave dug out a lot of dandelions, did some planting and did groceries for supper and Tim cleaned out the shed. And then we had a BBQ together :)

Tim and Janice are a couple we just connect with on so many levels and one of the best things about today was watching our kids connect so well too, despite the varying ages (11,7,3 and almost 1). Also knowing that this is just the first of many fun times together to come. It was the first time we had hung out as two families of four.

Just before we left I asked if we could get pictures of me and Janice with all of our kids. It's so hard to imagine that this family has been an integral part of my life since Tessa was about a year and a half and that we met when Tessa was nine months, younger than Rachel is now. And now we have four kids who look like this:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)