Saturday, January 01, 2011

New Year's Day

So I've made a resolution to do a better job of blogging our lives, especially since Sam is growing so quickly and changing so much.

Today Sam hung out with Oma and Opa baking buns and doing dishes while Dave and I went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1. I'm glad I finally got to see it but Dave and I decided it is definitely NOT a kid's movie. I don't know at what age people should be allowed to go see it but it made me realize that we will have to preview movies for Sam once he gets to a certain age, before he's allowed to see them on his own.

On the way home we stopped for gas and I stopped at SuperStore to continue the quest for good size 2T pjs for Sam. I'm soooo sad he's out of the Costco sleepers :( Thankfully Knut is coming along so my addiction to Costco sleepers can continue for another two years! I found some good pjs for Sam -- four pairs, in fact! Yay! Mommy is happy again. I got him two pairs of the most adorable plaid ones, as well as a couple other pairs.

We got home and Sam had just gone down for a nap. Dave and I joined him and Sam slept for 3 1/2 hours. I slept for about 2 and it felt soooo good. So we've just had a lazy day and it's been lovely.

Now Sam wants to watch hockey so we'll go do that for a bit (Ottawa vs Toronto) and then Sam will head off to dreamland in his new pjs and Mommy will just head off to dreamland. I'm tired.

Sidenote: I realized last night that in one short month we will probably know whether Knut is another boy or a girl! Wow!!!

Sidenote 2: I realized that I started off this post saying I wanted to better document Sam's changing and this post has no pictures. Oh well -- maybe tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)